Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louis Walsh has quit The X Factor, it was reported today.

• 23-11-2005 8:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Just trolling through a few websites and came across this, excellent news if you ask me as walsh is a muppet.

Louis Walsh quits X Factor
    23/11/2005 - 07:16:59

Pop manager Walsh quit the ITV talent show after fellow judge Simon Cowell called him “an idiot”, The Sun claimed.

X Factor bosses were tonight holding crisis talks with the judge in a bid to get him to come back, the paper said.

Walsh was already angry after third judge Sharon Osbourne poured three glasses of water over him on Saturday night’s show.

Cowell’s comment on Monday apparently added insult to injury and he decided to throw in the towel.

The dousing and being booed by the audience on last week’s programme and then being called “an idiot” and “stupid” by Simon were the final straw, the 52-year-old told the paper.

He said: “I have been totally humiliated and undermined by both of them. This has caused me nothing but stress… I have had enough. I’m going back to Dublin. I’m not putting up with it any more.”

Simon was reported to have begged Louis, who is famous for managing Irish boyband Westlife, to reconsider his decision.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Hmmmm sounds like the ratings are down so they needed some extra paper coverage!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

ah well, i wont be sorry if he goes expecially for keeping the conway sisters in

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dublindude wrote:
    Hmmmm sounds like the ratings are down so they needed some extra paper coverage!!!!!

Agreed either that or the rag that is the sun made up the story in order to sell more papers....either way their all a bunch of desperate bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

got the headline from breakingnews.ie

who cares if he has quit or not, i for sure dont. Just bored at work!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

galwaydude wrote:

I ain't even started work yet, early morning starts are a killer but its great to get home before 5pm :)

• Advertisement

galwaydude wrote:
    got the headline from breakingnews.ie

I'm still awake! Haven't slept in a looong time. Don't know when I will sleep.

I feel like destroying something beautiful.

PS Galwaydude are you my evil twin in Galway???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Terrible news! I trust the tricolour will be at half-mast outside the Dáil today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I wish he'd quit breathing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The rest of the article:
    [ LINK! ]
    He said: “I’ve been called all sorts of things but I have taken it in the spirit it was meant. I have known Louis for years. I know what a success he is. If I offended him, I apologise. We want him back.”

Sharon also urged Louis to return, saying she liked and respected him and was shocked and saddened by his departure.

The latest bust-up comes after Louis was heavily criticised for choosing to keep Irish quartet The Conway Sisters in the competition and rejecting soloist Maria.

It later emerged he was friends with the Irish group before the show, leading Maria to claim that the show was not based on talent but creating good television.

The group 4Tune, who were knocked out in the second week, also claimed they were eliminated because of a personal vendetta between the judges.

Hooray \o/ ... I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Aah bless the poor little muppet. He'll have to go back to being a garden gnome now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

serves the bitchy little queen right.. he dishes it out enough in the papers about people but cant take it when it is directed at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

This is all part of the staged 'drama' as far as I'm concerned just to keep people talking about the show. I'm sure at the 11th hour Cowell and Medusa will plee for Louis to come back and he'll relutantly agree. They'll kiss and make up and then maybe the two lads will go out and buy a copy of 'twink' magazine between them.

The only question should be 'what scenario will they cook up next week to get Xfactor mentioned in the papers again?'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

This guy has just quit his old job, has great experience launching scathing attacks on poor performances and used to hear up to 50,000 people sing a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

He just txt BBC Radio 1 and confirmed he has walked off....they havent said anything else!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

:D
    Roy Keane as the next judge... what a brilliant concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Roy Keane, Eamonn Dunphy and maybe Freddie kruger Would make an interesting replacement for the three muppets who judge the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I heard today on tv that the muppet is back! He will be there on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

magnumlady wrote:
    I heard today on tv that the muppet is back! He will be there on Saturday.
    Never expected that... :rolleyes:.. didn't expect for one minute he'd actually leave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Publicity stunt. Ratings took a big hit over the weekend because to Strictly Come Dancing. They're going head to head this week so they needed a story to attract viewers

• Advertisement
Advertisement