Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is my computer worth?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Ive a Asus K50INseries (Laptop)
    Intel Core 2 [EMAIL="Duo@2.2Ghz(T6600"]Duo@2.2Ghz(T6600[/EMAIL])
    802.11n Wireless
    Windows 7 (Unsure which version)
    Ubuntu 9.10
    15.6inch HD/LED
    320GB HDD
    DVD Sup.MTI
    4GB ram
    Nvidia GeForce G102M
    Restore disks (Window's 7 and ubuntu)

not a mark on it, i just want to know how much its worth....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

david7536 wrote: »
    Yip, you could get 400 for it.

That'll do nicely :)

qx6700 @ 3.0ghz
    v8 cooler
    8gb reaper x ddr2
    neo p45 mobo
    800gt 512mb
    500gb x 4
    1tb x 2
    nzxt tempest case

Hard to evaluate because of Hard disks, custom heatsink.
    As a unit i would be asking for 500+ but if parts sold seperately you would likely get much more.

Mister Man wrote: »
    Ive a Asus K50INseries (Laptop)
    Intel Core 2 [EMAIL="Duo@2.2Ghz(T6600"]Duo@2.2Ghz(T6600[/EMAIL])
    802.11n Wireless
    Windows 7 (Unsure which version)
    Ubuntu 9.10
    15.6inch HD/LED
    320GB HDD
    DVD Sup.MTI
    4GB ram
    Nvidia GeForce G102M
    Restore disks (Window's 7 and ubuntu)

not a mark on it, i just want to know how much its worth....

In perfect nick with licenced win 7, 500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Raz0rblade

Curious to what the value would be now, possibly gonna sell

Core 2 Duo E6600
    2 * 1gb G-Skill 4-4-4-12
    2 * 1gb Corsair 4-4-4-12 - also got 2* 1gb Corsair 5-5-5-15 going with it
    1 * 500gb 1* 150gb
    Leadtek 8800 Ultra Leviathain - Watercooled
    Freezer 7 Pro
    Creative Audigy 2zs Sound card
    Creative T7700 7.1 Speakers
    Logitech G15 Keyboard with lcd display - Blue led lit version
    Logitech G5 Mouse
    Hama USB mousepad - Blue led lit
    22" widescreen LCD
    Epson Stylus DX4800 Printer/Scanner
    Seasonic 750w PSU - Blue led lit with red back dislay of watts in use
    Custom case with 2 * 140mm roof exaust fans 1 * 120mm side fan blue lit
    1* rear and 2 * front 120mm blue lit fans
    Windows Vista

There is more with it like the cushioned swivel chair and corner unit desk that will go with it also

• Advertisement

Raz0rblade wrote: »

Core 2 Duo E6600
    2 * 1gb G-Skill 4-4-4-12
    1 * 500gb 1* 150gb
    Freezer 7 Pro
    Logitech G5 Mouse
    22" widescreen LCD
    Windows Vista

There is more with it like the cushioned swivel chair and corner unit desk that will go with it also

Thats very tough to quantify i think youl agree! What make and model is the monitor, what type of watercooling do you have for the 8800?
    Stuff like this will sell for way more if you break it up and sell on ebay as individual parts. if i were you i would want to get 1500+ for all that kit. That may only be achievable by selling parts individually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

david7536 wrote: »
    Thats very tough to quantify i think youl agree! What make and model is the monitor, what type of watercooling do you have for the 8800?
    Stuff like this will sell for way more if you break it up and sell on ebay as individual parts. if i were you i would want to get 1500+ for all that kit. That may only be achievable by selling parts individually though.

Are you serious? You can build an i7 system for €1500, this is a 2 year old cpu and graphics card. Try pricing up brand new components of equivalent specs and you won't get above €1000, and that's with a €130 E8400 (3.0GHz, 6Mb cache), a €130 ATI HD4870 (or a €160 HD4890) and an under €200 23+ inch monitor.

Mate, I would be happy if I sold this at around the €700-750 mark.

Chosen wrote: »
    Are you serious? You can build an i7 system for €1500, this is a 2 year old cpu and graphics card. Try pricing up brand new components of equivalent specs and you won't get above €1000, and that's with a €130 E8400 (3.0GHz, 6Mb cache), a €130 ATI HD4870 (or a €160 HD4890) and an under €200 23+ inch monitor.

Mate, I would be happy if I sold this at around the €700-750 mark.

Yip im 100% serious! Im including all the peripherals, chair, desk, printer that the op stated he will also be selling. As i said, he may get 1500 if he sells each part individually on ebay (you can get ridicoulous prices for stuff on ebay, sold a Q9550 for 330 on it 6 months ago!). when op posts monitor type, desk and chair model then can be more accurate but i still reckon he can get much closer 1500 than 750.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Chosen is right. 1500 is nearly double of what the MAXIMUM price they could get from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

David, I'm not sure what your on about your last few posts in here have been absolute drivel of the highest order.

For example, you ask what type of watercooling is on his 8800, er... he already said its the leviathan version which is a waterblock and a single rad/pump in one unit. And 1500 euro, with a desk and chair... Does this include a troop of hookers aswell?

750/800 max for it as its all 2+ year old tech.

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »
    David, I'm not sure what your on about your last few posts in here have been absolute drivel of the highest order.

For example, you ask what type of watercooling is on his 8800, er... he already said its the leviathan version which is a waterblock and a single rad/pump in one unit. And 1500 euro, with a desk and chair... Does this include a troop of hookers aswell?

750/800 max for it as its all 2+ year old tech.

Fair point, i took it that the 8800 was a third party geforce 8800! If my post is drivel because it is based on an estimate which includes unspecified monitor, chair and desk manufacturer then so is any estimate you make as it is just as much based on unknowns. Chances are its run of the mill stuff but even so i think we should be posting a max of what the op can get for all of the gear listed.
    absolute drivel of the highest order.

Nice ;)

As said for 1500euro you can build a new i7 rig with far better specs, or you can buy all his parts new for under 1000euro.

750/800 is a fair price, and i doubt anyone will be willing to buy a desk and chair with it either as most people would already have these. And lets face it, who wants a used chair?

As said for 1500euro you can build a new i7 rig with far better specs, or you can buy all his parts new for under 1000euro.

750/800 is a fair price, and i doubt anyone will be willing to buy a desk and chair with it either as most people would already have these. And lets face it, who wants a used chair?

Im coming at this from a selling each part individually on ebay perspective so we wont agree. What if the chair is a herman miller aeron?? Id take that second hand!

And what happens if its a fold up woden chair from lidl ;)

I honestly cant see those parts going for 1500 even on fleabay, but we shall see maybe the guy will post back and let us know how much he sold it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Core 2 Duo E6600
    2 * 1gb G-Skill 4-4-4-12
    1 * 500gb 1* 150gb
    Freezer 7 Pro
    Logitech G5 Mouse
    22" widescreen LCD
    Windows Vista

The others are saying 750-800 possibly, but I would say you'd be lucky to get €600.

1. I can;t imagine anyone willing to purchase the chair / desk / printer / mousepad.

8800Ultra - €70 if you're lucky, E6600 €50, 6GB DDR2 - could get €60, maybe a little more. Freezer 7 Pro - €20, 22" WS - €80, G5 - €30, Seasonic 750W - €100 maybe, but then again REALLY dependant on model. G15 - €30, Custom Case??? What make / model? Who customised it? I'm not even going to include a value for that TBH, or Vista.

Thats €440, and I know, they are low enough prices I'm giving, but its really not worth much more than that.

You could try maybe €500 - 550 for the lot, and see if someone bites. Any more and you're heading into ripping people off territory. Its tough, but parts depreciate REALLY quickly in PC land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Raz0rblade

thanks for the replies

The power supply is a Thermaltake Toughpower 750w modular, not a seasonic.

The motherboard is an Asus P5Q - think its the pro as i have both the normal P5Q and the P5Q Pro versions but always forget which machine it is in.

All cables - including those from the PSU are UV re-active or covered in UV re-active other cabling to keep it neat.

Screen is a Samsung Syncmaster 22" - forget all the details, but one hell of a screen, crisp n sharp.

The case came from the US, seen it when i was there, from what i remember its called an "Airking" or similar.
    I did the custom work on it. Replaced all the Standard Fans with Akasa 120mm and 140mm Blue/UV led ones for better airflow - CPU is at 21c idle.
    I added a front panel taken from an older machine that had a 16 color lcd display that had 3 thermo stats for cpu, primary hd and northbridge temps. It also had 2 built in fan controllers to help with the fans.
    There are 3 mounted Blue LED point lights to highlight various area's of the case.
    Gromits were added to lower case vibration at both hard disks and the dvd.
    There are 4 case holes added and fitted with rubber rings so water cooling could be added at a later stage.
    I replaced the side window with a lighter green Perspex design to highlight the lighting effect more.

The chair....was a gift so cant really say much except describe it more. There are 2 cushioned armrests with foam similar to bycycle handles. The chair can be raised or lowered, it also has a release handle so you can rock back n forth in it.

The desk i think came from argos, It is..if you imagine a rectangle with 2 triangles added to either end so it fits into a corner space with room for cabling at rear. There is a pullout keyboard tray and 3 adjustable shelfs inderneath.

thanks for the replies

The power supply is a Thermaltake Toughpower 750w modular, not a seasonic.

The motherboard is an Asus P5Q - think its the pro as i have both the normal P5Q and the P5Q Pro versions but always forget which machine it is in.

All cables - including those from the PSU are UV re-active or covered in UV re-active other cabling to keep it neat.

Screen is a Samsung Syncmaster 22" - forget all the details, but one hell of a screen, crisp n sharp.

The case came from the US, seen it when i was there, from what i remember its called an "Airking" or similar.
    I did the custom work on it. Replaced all the Standard Fans with Akasa 120mm and 140mm Blue/UV led ones for better airflow - CPU is at 21c idle.
    I added a front panel taken from an older machine that had a 16 color lcd display that had 3 thermo stats for cpu, primary hd and northbridge temps. It also had 2 built in fan controllers to help with the fans.
    There are 3 mounted Blue LED point lights to highlight various area's of the case.
    Gromits were added to lower case vibration at both hard disks and the dvd.
    There are 4 case holes added and fitted with rubber rings so water cooling could be added at a later stage.
    I replaced the side window with a lighter green Perspex design to highlight the lighting effect more.

The chair....was a gift so cant really say much except describe it more. There are 2 cushioned armrests with foam similar to bycycle handles. The chair can be raised or lowered, it also has a release handle so you can rock back n forth in it.

The desk i think came from argos, It is..if you imagine a rectangle with 2 triangles added to either end so it fits into a corner space with room for cabling at rear. There is a pullout keyboard tray and 3 adjustable shelfs inderneath.

... or you could just post a couple of photos with your mobile phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

Compaq Pavilion CQ60 212

Dual Core Processor: AMD Sempron SI-42 (2.10 GHz, Level 2 cache 512 KB)
    RAM: 2GB
    Hard Drive: 160GB
    Operating System: Vista
    Screen: 15.6” BrightView Display - widescreen with a High Definition resolution of 1366 x 768, 16:9 aspect ratio for showing movies in true cinema-like form.
    High Speed Dual Layer DVD Burner
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8200M graphics
    Built in WEBCAM
    HDMI - High Definition Multimedia Interface port (connects to HD Television)
    5 in 1 Card reader / 3 USB 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 11 N197m4r3

Hi folks, would people be willing to help price up my system?

I'm currently looking into selling it at some stage as I simply don't need something so big anymore.

I'll just be selling the tower basicly.

Chassis: Custom built MuderMod TJ07
    MB: Asus M4A79 Deluxe (Cooled using Koolance 350 waterblock )
    CPU: Phenom II 940 BE Edition
    RAM: 8GB 1066Mhz Corsair Dominator/ RAM cooler
    GPU: XFX 4870X2 ( Cooled using Koolance VID487x2 waterblock )
    DVD: Pioneer 215bk (stealthed and powder coated black)
    PSU: Silverstone Element 850w
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Radiator: Feser 480 Quad cooled using 4 Yateloon 1650rpm fans.
    Pump: Liang DDC 1+T with XSPC top/res.
    Barbs were koolance compression fittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

So thats p3 450mhz, 128mb ram, 10gb hard drive and a 14"CRT yeah?

dude that describes exactly my first computer, a Gateway bought in 1999. how much is it worth anyway, its sitting in the hall doin nothin. cost be IR£1450 at the time!!!

• Advertisement

Well done for quoting a 4 year old post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Wow I am almost impressed that post is that old.
    Brings me back to the day........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

So i'm trying to raise a few bob for a new rig for the kids (and for me to play with;))

So can you tell me how much you would pay for these bits please?
    Any sort of a guide will help me before i put an ad up.

RAM
    8gigs total consisting of 2 matched kits of 2x2gb
    Manufacturers Code: OCZ2G8004GK
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-086-OC

Monitor
    19" non widescreen
    https://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/14733?ProductID=14733
    Approx 2 years old.No dead pixels.

CPU
    E6700 with stock cooler
    http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9S7

Motherboard
    asus P5KPL-CM
    http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=6nnVb6RBxd7PhGmt&templete=2

Power supply
    HIPER 580W Type-R Modular PSU
    http://www.hipergroup.com/products.php?lv=4&cate=1&type=30&pid=12&action=Feature

Case
    OCTIGEN MIDI CASE with 400w generic psu
    http://www.eurowide-pc.org.uk/octigen-midi-case-400w-blksil-p-30114.html?manufacturers_id=42

Thanks in advance for any input at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

weeder wrote: »
    gonna sell a few machines around the house

Dell Dimension C521
    250GB hard drive
    2GB ram
    sempron 3400+
    xp home ed
    Geforce 6150 LE
    sugarman wrote: »
    €150, depends really. Monitor and Keyboard/Mouse inc?

what would it be worth with and without a 17" lcd mouse and keys?

weeder wrote: »
    what would it be worth with and without a 17" lcd mouse and keys?

TBH the 17" monitor + mouse + keys aren't going to really add any value to the machine.

You could try 200 all in, but you'll probably have to settle for less than that :( (considering MUCH more powerful base machines can be had for 200)

game4it70 wrote: »
    So i'm trying to raise a few bob for a new rig for the kids (and for me to play with;))

So can you tell me how much you would pay for these bits please?
    Any sort of a guide will help me before i put an ad up.

RAM
    8gigs total consisting of 2 matched kits of 2x2gb
    Manufacturers Code: OCZ2G8004GK
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-086-OC

Monitor
    19" non widescreen
    https://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/14733?ProductID=14733
    Approx 2 years old.No dead pixels.

CPU
    E6700 with stock cooler
    http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9S7

Motherboard
    asus P5KPL-CM
    http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=6nnVb6RBxd7PhGmt&templete=2

Power supply
    HIPER 580W Type-R Modular PSU
    http://www.hipergroup.com/products.php?lv=4&cate=1&type=30&pid=12&action=Feature

Case
    OCTIGEN MIDI CASE with 400w generic psu
    http://www.eurowide-pc.org.uk/octigen-midi-case-400w-blksil-p-30114.html?manufacturers_id=42

Thanks in advance for any input at all.

You could try €300 as a starting point.

Maybe €350 with screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

You could try €300 as a starting point.

Maybe €350 with screen.
    Thanks for your opinion.

game4it70 wrote: »
    Thanks for your opinion.

I sold a similarly specced machine last year for around €450, but with a decent video card too, the one thing helping your value there is the ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Hi, could anyone tell me what my system is worth these days?

Dell XPS 720

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 Quad core
    4GB DDR2 800MHZ [4X1024MB]
    19-IN-1 Media Card Reader
    2 x 320GB Seagate 7,200 RPM
    2 x 16xDVD-RW/40xCD-RW combo
    1 x 768MB Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX
    1 x Ageia Physx 128MB
    750W PSU H750P-00
    Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium
    Belkin 802.11G Wireless USB Adaptor
    Windows 7 Professional Licensed
    Under Warranty until November 2010

• Advertisement

Jakmeehan,

I reckon you'd be doing well to get around 500 (if even).

It was probably quite an expensive machine when you bought it, but the main parts are now obsolete. (CPU & Vid card).

The 8800GTX you couldn't even sell for €100 these days, and the QX6850 - while still being a fairly decent CPU, you'd probably sell for around the same as its been well surpassed with the new quad cores.

The Ageia PhysX card you may as well put in the bin - they're not sold anymore, and are not made anymore.

Advertisement