Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom trials 5Mbps broadband service

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

kaizersoze wrote:
    Are you on one of the 4 test exchanges? Malahide, Walkinstown ,Carrigaline and Claremorris
    lol nope i must of missed that part :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

kaizersoze wrote:
    That was a typo in a earlier post. The old upload speed was (and still is for some of us) 128k

I like the formula one guy has for calculating your line distance from the exchange.
    Your downstream line attenuation / 13.81. I don't know how "official" it is, but in my case it seems to be fairly accurrate.
    34 / 13.81 = 2.461 KM

Interesting,

I'm 3.4 KM away! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

kaizersoze wrote:
    Maybe ADSL2+ will help you (if they ever roll it out). I think it increases the distance to 8 or 9 KM so the same formula probably doesn't apply.
    How far out are you?
    6.5 km. It's a close call but ADSL should be able to work unrepeatered from what I can tell (look at BT).

Advertisement