Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C++ programming

Options
  • 23-11-2005 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have the the microsoft visual studio suite of software in work and i dont want to install it all on my laptop cos it takes loads of space gives you a load of crap that i dont need, Can anyone recommend to me a decent open source program i can use to write,compile,debug my C++ programs on? Any suggestions would be appreciated
    cheers
    Daithi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Dev-C++ is a great free IDE that comes with gcc and everything you need to compile & run programs.

However Microsoft have also just released Visual C++ 2005 Express which is free if you download and register it within the next year. I was using Dev-C++ and it worked great, but I'm just more used to the layout and keyboard shortcuts of Visual Studio so I went with 2005 Express, and it's very good. My only grumble is that it doesnt come with a profiler.

Advertisement