Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SE K608i

• 23-11-2005 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

Can't find any threads about this...

Has anyone got the K608i on 3. Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Hasn't this phone been specifically made for the 3 network....hard to find reviews alright

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

AFAIK it's a version of the V600i made for the 3 network .

Review of the V600i here : http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/sony-ericsson-v600i.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

its basically the same as the k600/v600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Have had it for about a week, and it is excellent with the one drawback being lack of a memory card. Some people have mentioned a difficult to use keypad (smallish keys) but I have had no problems.

All the 3G features work perfectly, excellent RDS enabled Radio (headphones supplied), okayish MP3 player but to be honest it is no too useful as you have only got 32Mb of memory to work with. Camera quality is quite good, 1.3MP with loads of modes, effects and bits and bobs. Bluetooth, IR and USB connectivity (USB cable supplied) allowing loads of sync options and loading MP3s / unloading pictures.

Overall I like it a lot, and it feels solid, looks good and is reasonably priced (with contract) phone with enough features for the average/business user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I ended up getting this today. Happy with my choice so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭AlanD

hi all....

how have you found this phone? My wife and I are thinking of getting a 3G video phone each. I'm away with work the odd time and it'd be nice to have a chat on video.

Is the video quality on the 3 network any good? Is it good quality real time stuff?

I believe the cost per minute is going up too.

Anyway, this phone is cheap with them, so I'm wondering if it's worth it or should I pay up more for a nokia variant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Well I have found it a breath of fresh air and was a long time Nokia fan.

TBH haven;t used the video calling too much but it was impressive enough when I did give it a go. Voice is perfect, the video can get a little jumpy at times but not enought to annoy you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭AlanD

I've been a long time Nokia user too. I'm a bit apprehensive about moving on, but if there was a comparable phone out there I'd go.

My wife has a Motorola v550 or something and it's just horrible. Maybe the V3 is better.

I've heard that Sony Erricssons are good too....

Is the 3 network a bit dodgy though or am I better off sticking to the Vodafone network for video calling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

AlanD wrote:
    I believe the cost per minute is going up too.

you're right. the video calls aren't included anymore and they're 50c a minute

• Advertisement
Advertisement