Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer rights when Internet shopping

• 23-11-2005 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently purchased some stuff from an online shop that is based in the UK. The stuff never arrived although the money has been taken from my credit card. They claim to have sent it off and that it reached Ireland. I don't suppose there is anything I can do about getting my money back here? They have very vague terms and conditions that appear to be governed by UK law.

Anyone experience this before or have any advice on what to do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Trouble

Was it sent registered? If so ask the company for the tracking number and you can trace it on line. if it was successfully delivered somebody would have had to sign for it. You might be able to track down the goods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Dilly wrote:
    Hi all,

I recently purchased some stuff from an online shop that is based in the UK. The stuff never arrived although the money has been taken from my credit card. They claim to have sent it off and that it reached Ireland. I don't suppose there is anything I can do about getting my money back here? They have very vague terms and conditions that appear to be governed by UK law.

Anyone experience this before or have any advice on what to do?

Thanks.
    How reputable are they? There's regulations in place (google 'Distance Selling Regulations) that govern this kind of stuff. Loads of stuff that they should have complied with when you placed the order (like did they give you a geographical address to which you could address complaints)

There's more here. http://www.odca.ie/cfmdocs/b_query/ecommerce.cfm

*edit* I realse that URL is Ireland, and your shop was in UK. I would think the UK (home of european Amazon, etc) has signed up for similar regulations)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

Thanks for your replies, guys. They appear to be a reasonably reputable place, although trying to get them to acknowledge a phone call or email is extremely difficult.

AFAIK it wasn't sent through registered post so it could be anywhere...

I'll see what the OCDA have to say about it and then see what the UK equivalent can do for me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

whats the name of the company, I'm sure people would be able to give your better input if you provided it.

I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to name them or not - sorry!

It's Bunny Mail : http://www.bunnymail.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Man! Don't tell me you bought a rabbit and got it posted to you!! Say it's not true!!!! :eek: Maybe he nibbled his way out of the package and is now wandering around the Naas Road sorting office.

Hahahaha!! :D

It would explain any other missing post, I guess ;)

It was a few bunny related bits and pieces for my bun and I...

Advertisement