Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car window stickers

• 23-11-2005 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭

you know the ones they put on your car, saying dont park here, blah blah blah

anyone know how to get them off cleanly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Warm soapy water and some elbow grease I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Use a blade to score the sticker first then apply some sort of soapy fluid.

One of those yellow and green scrubbing pot sponges should help too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Toothpaste, trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Nail polish remover is great at removing the glue once you get the sticker off with a stanley blade.

Another sticker tip

Buy a car from a dealer that has those transparent stickers stuck to the window? Impossible to remove cleanly?

Use a hair dryer! it softens the glue and allows you to remove the sticker easily!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

hey even where you by any chance a tad bit nasty to the clamper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

When I used to tint windows I used fairy liquid + water with a stanley blade to clean the glue off, one scrape is all you need.

*Be careful if you have a VW because the glass is softer then normal and may scratch with a stanley*

For your back window, you do not want to damage the heating elements so use a brillopad, fairy lquid + water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

Isn't it illegal for them to stick those stickers on either of the front windows as it would hinder your ability to drive safely? I heard of a court case recently where a company was sued for sticking a sticker on the drivers door window....did anybody else hear about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

layke wrote:
    For your back window, you do not want to damage the heating elements so use a brillopad, fairy lquid + water.
    How would using a brillopad protect your heater element :eek:

Also, if you do use washing up liquid, make sure you rinse it off thoroughly - it's full of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

WD-40 will soften the adhesive. Give it time to soak in. Careful scraping it off - you don't want to score/scratch the glass.
    layke wrote:

The heating element is *inside* the glass.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Also, if you do use washing up liquid, make sure you rinse it off thoroughly - it's full of salt.

And Bleach :(

Advertisement