Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Error 623? WTF?

• 23-11-2005 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

i'm getting the following error while browsingafter setting up a wireless network between my laptop and desktop. i used the windows "set up a home network..." tool.
    Error 623

The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection.

It's only occuring on the laptop and is driving me demented.

Had a look here but i don't hhave vpn set up as far as i'm aware.

Using Windows XP pro and firefox.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

A VPN is a method of connecting to a private network (for example, your office network, or wireless network in your case) by way of a public network (e.g. Internet).

did you try as suggested, in your case right click the wireless network connection and select properties,

after that i dont know :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

daywalker wrote:
    A VPN is a method of connecting to a private network (for example, your office network, or wireless network in your case) by way of a public network (e.g. Internet).

did you try as suggested, in your case right click the wireless network connection and select properties,

after that i dont know :confused:
    Thanks.
    Was pulling my hair out as i don't have anything like that set up AFAIK but god knows XP does.

BUT, i've solved the issue. within IE, connections, the dial when network is not present button was ticked. Somehow despite not using IE at all it was affecting firefox. Un ticked it and everything is hunky dory:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

RuggieBear wrote:
    Somehow despite not using IE at all it was affecting firefox. Un ticked it and everything is hunky dory:confused:

They're Internet settings rather than settings specific to IE, so will affect you no matter what you use to browse. The same settings are brought up when you select Internet Options from Control Panel.

Advertisement