Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Debranding a Sony Ericcson V800

• 23-11-2005 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

Bah, I'm sick of the brandin that's come with my new Sony Ericsson V800 phone. Just bought it off of a friend who used it on Vodafone but seeing as I'm on Meteor I'd like to remove all the predefined menu items, pictures, themes and shortcut buttons that can't be "normally" deleted. Also, does anybody know what one has to go about doing to DRM an mp3 files so that it'll play as a ringtone on the phone?

Cheers
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

if you can get the firmware flashed then it will be debranded
    i've got r1ab014 on my flashed v800
    it now thinks its a z800
    and you can use mp3's as ringtones once this is done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

MiCr0 wrote:
    if you can get the firmware flashed then it will be debranded
    i've got r1ab014 on my flashed v800
    it now thinks its a z800
    and you can use mp3's as ringtones once this is done
    Sweet enough so. I take it you can't do this using the USB cable that came with the phone no? Any idea as to where this can be done so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

*bump*

So, anybody got any idea as to where I can go for debranding a Sony Ericsson v800?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Details here

Advertisement