Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helos and the fact that there almost invincible

Options
  • 23-11-2005 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Look only comment I have in the topic is its a bit unrealistic that the most effective weapon in the game against a helo is the .50 cal on a jeep. Personal have hit a helo with an AT weapon a few times and it has survive. It would make so of the maps more interesting if helos were weaker as therefore you wouldn’t have the situation where helos just go around capping flags. They be used in their realistic roles as troop carriers or tank busters.

should helos be weaker 24 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    41% 10 votes
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    58% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Not invincible at all....
    I have taken out several attack choppers with a well aimed AT rocket to the cockpit (oooohh, that sounds dirty).... Blackhawks usually flyway when you shoot at them.

AA vs helo's is also pretty good way of taking them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

AT, PKM, linebacker, stingers, 50 cal sniper, jets, buggys, humvees, c4, mines boats - do you also want your knife to take down choppers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Nooooooo way!! heli's can be taken down very easy!! C4, sniper, rocket and the AA's......I am usually in the chopper and can be taken down very easy! also have found it easy to take down choppers with the AA's......alot easier than a plane!! maybe your not firing the rockets right!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Big Nelly wrote:
    Nooooooo way!! heli's can be taken down very easy!! C4, sniper, rocket and the AA's......I am usually in the chopper and can be taken down very easy! also have found it easy to take down choppers with the AA's......alot easier than a plane!! maybe your not firing the rockets right!!

It takes almost 300 rounds from a PKM to take one down, and at least two hits from a tanks main gun, which is simply nuts. True that the AA's take down flyers real quick, but always friendly ones.

Spear wrote:
    It takes almost 300 rounds from a PKM to take one down, and at least two hits from a tanks main gun, which is simply nuts. True that the AA's take down flyers real quick, but always friendly ones.

If in tank if you hit right will take the pilot out of it!!! have been flying along a few times......a good distance up now and someone with a well placed shot from a tank will take me out of it!!!

Maybe your just no good at the game:D ......this is a joke.....

I didnt thik it took 300 rounds....I have taken them down in alot less than that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Sorry but I have taken a fully healthy chopper with one hit from my M203. If you aim at the cockpit and kill the pilot the chopper drops instantly. They are weak enough as it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Big Nelly wrote:
    If in tank if you hit right will take the pilot out of it!!! have been flying along a few times......a good distance up now and someone with a well placed shot from a tank will take me out of it!!!

Maybe your just no good at the game:D ......this is a joke.....

I didnt thik it took 300 rounds....I have taken them down in alot less than that!!!

Shame your not going to the Ratoath Gaming Session this weekend...
    I could have kicked your ass...

Keyzer wrote:
    Shame your not going to the Ratoath Gaming Session this weekend...
    I could have kicked your ass...

Could be there on the Sat if mechanic gets the car serviced quickly!!! will show you all how to play then!!!

best I heard was from last session and nobody knew that you can drop supplies to repair the arti!! was laughing when I heard that one:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

choppers are too heavily armoured against most weapons. mg's on jeeps do reasonable damage, but a couple of AT hits and even a direct tank hit will not bring one down which is a bit unreasonable. I've taken a few down with a nade launcher but you cannot bring them down with one hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

The AT guys rocket launcher should be a hell of a lot stronger against a copter. and is it me or are the static AA defeneses a waste of time most times.

• Advertisement

Karma seems as though you have become a complete expert in all aspects of this game. I did shoot one down with one hit, I didn't blow it up, but the pilot died and the chopper droped.

Like I have said for the millionth time, it's a game. It's as balanced as possibly can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Karma seems as though you have become a complete expert in all aspects of this game. I did shoot one down with one hit, I didn't blow it up, but the pilot died and the chopper droped.

Like I have said for the millionth time, it's a game. It's as balanced as possibly can be.
    I'd hugely disagree that its as balanced as it can possibly be. It took over 8 patches to balance BF:V properly and I can see BF2 being the same.

Name another game out there that is as balanced as BF2... Of course more improvements can be made but I am quite happy with it and I am quite picky when it comes to games...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Are you refering to it as balanced as in real life vs game, or side vs side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

starcraft
    warcraft 3
    warcraft 2

all nice balanced games

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I think you'll find that the difficulty of shooting down a chopper is directly proportional to the skill of the pilot. A chopper will usually go on fire after two AT rockets.

Shooting a bad pilot twice is a breeze. Hitting a good pilot once, let alone surviving long enough to try to hit him twice is unlikely. Even if the first hit screws him up real good then he'll be gone towards the nearest pad before you've reloaded.

Answer? Gang up. A concerted effort by a decent squad will always bring down a chopper. AT rockets, jeep turrets, sniper rounds into the cockpit; choppers don't last long under a barrage. At the very least you'll drive him off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

so you didnt shoot a chopper down with one nade, you had a lucky shot on the pilot...thats just great, nice balance. In real life im sure one tank shell could down a chopper but in the game as it now stands does what..half damage? come on...

if you disagree with any of my opinions thats fine, anything i've raised here is nothing new in the entire BF2 community, and most long time bf veteran players agree there are certain balance issues such as nade launcher, chopper armour etc need tweaked. No one is asking for a complete nerf. In reality we havnt had a real patch yet and in BFV it took a while to iron out most issues including helo power, so as you seem to be a BF2 fanboy i hope you wont be too disappointed when things we have chatted about here get tweaked...wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Are not the planes ridiculously hard to take down .. although I'm quite new to the game I cant seem to hit them at all enough to take them down. I once spent a whole round on the Aircraft carrier guns trying to shoot down planes and I didn't get one kill !! those suckers are too fast :)

Of course this all could be / probably is my unique way of missing moving targets ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

choppers are pretty hard to take down but so are most things if ur not using the rite weapons, i find the ESSEX gatling gun thing doesnt do enough dmg to chopper but then agen im not exactly an expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Are not the planes ridiculously hard to take down .. although I'm quite new to the game I cant seem to hit them at all enough to take them down. I once spent a whole round on the Aircraft carrier guns trying to shoot down planes and I didn't get one kill !! those suckers are too fast :)

Of course this all could be / probably is my unique way of missing moving targets ;)

It's actually ridiculously easy to lose a missile once it's aquired a lock, i've done it enough times, just keep doing circles and keep flicking views to see if the missiles gone. Same applies with helicopters, just bank to the left or right sharply and a missile is easily dodged.

I think with planes it should be harder to aquire a lock but when you do, it's harder to lose the missile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The only real way to take down a jet is with another jet. I dont think I've ever been shot down any other way. Fly in as close as you can and hit him with the missile before he has a chance to avoid it.

Also, clever trick, turn off the air-to-air missiles so they dont get a warning signal, line up and murder them with the machine gun.

Advertisement