Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Advertising

• 23-11-2005 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

why do vodafone always start advertisin phones when the shops ont even know what the phone is or when they are getting them. was in three different vodafone shops in dublin. asking about the new Motorola L7, and they all looked at me thinking i was on drugs. then id show them the advertisment that was in the irish times last friday.showing the phone, then ya get the usually ****, we'll have it when you'll have..

so does anyone know when its being released?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Yeah mate that happens alot....i know more than the staff!!!! At least i know ive got a career in the mobile industry if i need it .....

They should train the staff more and update them daily !!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dellas wrote:
    Yeah mate that happens alot....i know more than the staff!!!! At least i know ive got a career in the mobile industry if i need it .....

They should train the staff more and update them daily !!!!!

As with any job though, it pays to have staff that actually have a interest in what their doing :)
    #

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's not only Vodafone this happens with in my experience. I guess it's a case of the Network jumping ahead of the retail section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭leche solara

Both Vodafone and O2 have competing high street and online divisions.
    The shops consider the online crowd a bunch of muttonheads and vice versa.
    Usually neither is quite sure what the other is doing but believe whatever it is is probably being done wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

it seems to be like that for anything in Ireland, there are tribes of Amazonian Indians as yet untouched by civilisation that get stuff before us. You would swear the country is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean 15000 miles from the nearest land.

eg. Can you order this book in for me:
    certainly that will be 2 weeks:
    where is it coming from?:
    England! :
    New England?

• Advertisement
Advertisement