Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone use Ripwave from irishBroadband.com?

• 23-11-2005 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone here uses "Ripwave" from Irishbroadband.com as I was considering getting it & wanted some positives or negatives from people who've used it.

Have been using Eircom Broadband but want to get rid of the phone line.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've heard a lot of horror stories about ripwave. Have a look on the broadband forum, there's usually an IBB thread going on it: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

This would be better in the broadband forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

The general consensus is to steer well clear of IBB at the moment. See the IBB complaint thread stickied at the top of the broadband forum.

Edit: Damn my slowness. I blame uh... Stephen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i had ripwave and i'll tell you, dont bother with it. works about 20% of the time and when it does it is CRAP, not evwen good for browsing, just too unreliable. go with breeze, i have had it nearly a year and i love it, no problems, ive had about 5 hours downtime in 1 year, maybe even less then that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Moving to bb...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

My brother got it and had difficulties with it's reliability so I borrowed it to see if it would work for me. It wouldn't even sync and I have LOS to the 3 rock mast from my bedroom window... go figure.

TC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

get out while you still can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Im2Lazy

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for all the replys, it's given me some food for thought.

Sorry for posting this query in the wrong section.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

stay away from that company at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

I was very happy with Ripwave at the start. Impressed...

But now, even though I hate Eircom and hated paying line rental, I am getting annoyed with the speeds that IBB Ripwave offers.

The connection doesn't drop, it is it just getting slower and slower to a point below ISDN speed.

I have never had a little green light on the front of the ripwave modem and it has never fully gone up to a pure broadband speed..

Only thing I want to do is surf the net etc..and I make/receive all my calls on my mobile..

Ripwave suits at the moment and will keep it while my order for proper broadband processes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Jesus i wish people would read all of the threads on IBB
    before asking a stupid question like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement