Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"God told me to do it"

Options
  • 23-11-2005 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Was watching a crime drama on tv, and it was one of those classics when the murderer tries to fake insanity by claiming he heard voices from God, telling him to murder. They rarely get away with it.And then I hear George Bush say that God told him to invade Iraq! How can he get away with that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

The difference is George Bush is not trying to fake it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Rossonero wrote:
    How can he get away with that?

eh, cos he is the President of the most powerful country in the world?

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

The difference is G.Bush is a global leader (not a reflection on his capacity, mind), so 'god' probably did tell him :D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Rossonero wrote:
    How can he get away with that?

Because people in America accept that the president is one person God should be talking to.

I mean one of the reasons Bush was elected is because he is Born Again. It would worry more of his supporters if he said God never spoke to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

I'm actually speechless...
    Thats even more shocking than the story!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

"We're facing a radical ideology with unalterable objectives: to enslave whole nations and intimidate the world," he said.

yeah.. that's almost the exact opposite of what the us is doing these days.

• Advertisement

I honestly don't see a problem with the world's most powerful man, the guy with his finger on the nuclear trigger, following the instructions of the voices in his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

i'm shocked that anyone is actually surprised by this :P At this point you could tell me that Bush has been discovered to be an alien from the planet mars secretly plotting to destroy our planet and I wouldn't be surprised.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

/oscarBravo takes a picture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

First the prophet Georgie W arrives....

.....and now we have the second sign of the apocalypse....

surely the end of days is upon us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I heard this a while ago - probably read it on the Guardian website or wherever

What struck me most was the hypocrisy - one rule for Christian extremists and another for Islam extremists...

Both have blood on their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

He is the most ignorant and unintelligent man on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

oh man how could he have said that.

"Sorry about posting the above but god told me to"

lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

nice one pity george bush cant think of replies like that did you ever see where he had to answer the question about tribes and sovereign entities:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

careful now it is the guardian after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, maybe this is his inarticulate and child-like yet US public-friendly way of saying he was following his conscience.

That or he could do with some psychiatric treatment. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I'm guessing that Corinthian is speechless that a newspaper report of third-party, unconfirmed allegations that Bush said something like what was printed was described as "I hear George Bush say..."

But don't let me rain on anyone's parade. Hey...why not decide these unconfirmed allegations that brought about the threat of the Official Secrets Act yesterday are also something we've actually heard from the guy's mouth ourselves too???

jc

bonkey wrote:
    I'm guessing that Corinthian is speechless that a newspaper report of third-party, unconfirmed allegations that Bush said something like what was printed was described as "I hear George Bush say..."
    No, but thank you for playing anyway.

plonk wrote:
    He is the most ignorant and unintelligent man on earth.

Not really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭wiseones2cents

It is Really sad. American Christians are one of the most brainwashed people around.

They believe bush is guided by GOD, when in fact he is guided by the opposite.If anything America is condemned by GOD and is headed for a major economic collapse.

It is Really sad. American Christians are one of the most brainwashed people around.

They believe bush is guided by GOD, when in fact he is guided by the opposite.If anything America is condemned by GOD and is headed for a major economic collapse.

source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭wiseones2cents

source?

Source of what? That many American Christians that support bush are in a world of their own or that the American Economy is on the verge of colapse?

I've been following the American Economy for some time now. It is sustained by robbing small countries out of its resources and causing wide spread poverty. Soon those countries are going to have enough and give America the big boot.

The revolution has already started in South America, and the Middle east. Watch and see. America has made too many enemies......

Watch and see. America has made too many enemies......

Collapse of American Hegemony predicted.
    Film at 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

careful now it is the guardian after all

Which is citing a BBC documentry afair.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Read a great book on "God" telling people to kill.

Its called "Under the Banner of Heaven" and written by the excellent Jon Krakauer.
    They believe bush is guided by GOD, when in fact he is guided by the opposite.

Cheney? :p

• Advertisement

So its cooky to believe Bush is being guided by God, but perfectly reasonable to suggest America is condemned by same???

Well that makes sense.

Advertisement