Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constantly logged out

Options
  • 23-11-2005 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

I'm being constantly logged out as I go from one page to the other, e.g. I login, then click on a link and I am logged out again. I click 'reply', fill in the form but then when I submit it asks me for my username and password.

I think this has only happened since the upgrade to 3.5.

I am presuming it is some sort of session issue.

Using Opera 8.5, and the internet connection here is load-balanced over two IP addresses, (e.g. IP can change from one page to the next) but that never caused a problem before. Also I suspect it happens at home also (one IP) - not 100% sure.

If you want any more info or me to do anything to test let me know.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Have you tried deleting your cookies and cache?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

HelpDesk issue?

Clearn cookies/cache. And ensure security settings are allowing cookies to be set..
    And test with another browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Cookies/cache clearing makes no difference. Security settings allow all cookies to be set. No problem with IE. I'm posting here because I think it may be a server issue related to the upgrade and Opera compatibility.

EDIT: And no problem with other sites!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Test post... (from Opera)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

By any chance are you logging in on the front page?, Sorta had an issue like this , what I did was go to www.boards.ie/vbulletin and then log in there and select remember me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

This was happening to me until I cleared my cache/cookies and told Firefox the next time it asked me to "remember my username and password for this site".

Not happening any more.

Advertisement