Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confused need advice EX boyf issue!!!

• 23-11-2005 5:04pm

i posted this a while back as a part of another thread but now i'm confused and i need some advice

I am the girl that always remains friends with ex's but even though the most recent ex's friendship is slowly confusing me I don't regret it

I met him a year and a half ago me 19, him 24(?)we got on great and had such chemistry (and still do) even though he revealed 2 me 2 months in he had a child and was afraid to tell me , our break-up happened 3 months later and was mutual, to him not wanting a big relationship (he had major ex troubles) and us not being able to spend as much time together as our schedules allowed we stayed friends only and never lost touch 4 more than 2 weeks .

we kissed at xmas but even though more was wanted by both of us I was seeing some1 and had a conscience..

We still stayed in touch but through him going through some stuff we lost contact in for the month of may and after that we started seeing each other casually again everything was going brilliant till we had a fight (my fault) in July we mutually agreed to meet up at least once a month to catch up which of course always ended up with us in the backseat of one of our cars.

We agreed to end those little encounters a few weeks ago because it aint healthy (even though I know I never have and prob never will have intense sex like that again with someone).
    I also discovered recently he's actually 2 yrs older than he originally said and even though my means for accidentally finding it out were deceptive

I wanted to ring his neck because I felt like I would never have gotten involved in the first place what with him being 8 yrs older having a child and still a hatred towards the ex, but bcuz of the way I found out (despite my certain level of intelligence I never twigged it) I cant say it him to him because despite all the faults he's a good mate and picked me up in some bad times, we are not seeing each other anymore so we'll just remain friends.

We call each other twice or three times a week! I know he still has feelings towards me and I do for him but I cant seem to cut him out of my life which I want to do some days because we seem to be stuck in relationship limbo

I slept with him last week (he initiated it) and afterwards I suggested to him we meet up b4 xmas in a hotel room which we're doing
    I really don't want to initiate a big talk on relationships because that causes him to close up!!!:confused::confused:

if anyone has any opinions towards all this feel free to offer advice!:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

What are you looking for advice on? It sounds like a bit of a mess alright but unless you ask for pointers in relation to specific elements of the aforementioned mess, all you're likely to get here are opinions (without real advice).

on what to do i guess about the whole situation its just constantly on my brain , i want more i guess :confused:

Okay then.

#1. You've already assessed what the situation is at present with this guy. He's told you lies directly and indirectly by concealing the truth to avoid having to be honest with you about his son and his age. A guy who's carried on like this can hardly be considered responsible and apparently having a child hasn't done him any good.

#2. He's still hung up on his ex, either because he has something for her or else because he's doing battle with her over their son or otherwise. Of course, there's the possibility that he's trying to reconcile with her - Don't expect any truth from him with regard to this possibility. Need more convincing, look at point 1 above. In any case, he's already shown that he can't be trusted and runs when he's expected to deliver more that a nights performance. Too many things on his mind and not enough balls to deal with it like a real man. If I were in your shoes I'd leave the baggage for someone else to worry about.

#3. He's happy to have you there to mess about with every now and then without having to show any regard for you in general terms. Now, that possibility suited you to start with too. If that were still the case you could carry on, happy with your lot. However, from what you've told us so far, you want more. Unfortunately for you - He's already ruled out a relationship which means you're left thinking that maybe, just maybe, you can change this guy and it'll work out for both of you. It won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i posted this a while back as a part of another thread but now i'm confused and i need some advice

I am the girl that always remains friends with ex's but even though the most recent ex's friendship is slowly confusing me I don't regret it

I met him a year and a half ago me 19, him 24(?)we got on great and had such chemistry (and still do) even though he revealed 2 me 2 months in he had a child and was afraid to tell me , our break-up happened 3 months later and was mutual, to him not wanting a big relationship (he had major ex troubles) and us not being able to spend as much time together as our schedules allowed we stayed friends only and never lost touch 4 more than 2 weeks .

we kissed at xmas but even though more was wanted by both of us I was seeing some1 and had a conscience..

We still stayed in touch but through him going through some stuff we lost contact in for the month of may and after that we started seeing each other casually again everything was going brilliant till we had a fight (my fault) in July we mutually agreed to meet up at least once a month to catch up which of course always ended up with us in the backseat of one of our cars.

We agreed to end those little encounters a few weeks ago because it aint healthy (even though I know I never have and prob never will have intense sex like that again with someone).
    I also discovered recently he's actually 2 yrs older than he originally said and even though my means for accidentally finding it out were deceptive

I wanted to ring his neck because I felt like I would never have gotten involved in the first place what with him being 8 yrs older having a child and still a hatred towards the ex, but bcuz of the way I found out (despite my certain level of intelligence I never twigged it) I cant say it him to him because despite all the faults he's a good mate and picked me up in some bad times, we are not seeing each other anymore so we'll just remain friends.

We call each other twice or three times a week! I know he still has feelings towards me and I do for him but I cant seem to cut him out of my life which I want to do some days because we seem to be stuck in relationship limbo

I slept with him last week (he initiated it) and afterwards I suggested to him we meet up b4 xmas in a hotel room which we're doing
    I really don't want to initiate a big talk on relationships because that causes him to close up!!!:confused::confused:

if anyone has any opinions towards all this feel free to offer advice!:(

so, he lies,and you do the dirt on your boyfiend, you have great sex, and you see each other every other month, talk 3 times a week on the phone?

you sound like fúck buddies.

what exactly is the issue?

if oyu want to go out with him, go out with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

It seems that he isn't interested in committing to anything. The current situation is pretty sweet from his view, he ends up sleeping with you virtually every time ye meet up. He's viewing you more as a **** buddy than a gf.

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads, no need to be nice about it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

A blatant f*ck-buddy scenario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

If you have ****ed him while going out with someone then you are a tart. sorry if this is harsh, but imo if you have a bf you shouldn be screwing around.
    It says early in your post that you kissed while you had a bf, this is also a **** thing to do. Grow up, and either play the field or make him your fella.
    If of course you ditched that bf quite early on, and all your sex with this older guy was when you were single, then its just a fcuk buddy scenario. Enjoy, then when you get a fella, lose the ex, ok. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Not a bad trade... few lines every week good Fcuking on the odd weekend. Tell lies, no commitment, someone who will spread them in back of car and not even want a room, younger woman... Must get me one of them!!
    You might think your getting even amounts out of this "relationship" but your probably not. Are you certain your not just a young bit on the side for him. I mean why would he want to finish with you for good??? seriously answer that.
    Most men will have some form of hassle with there girlfriend so its great to have a completly hassle free "fcuk buddy". He's probably not good for you in the long run as you can see there is no future? are u even sure there is a ex, baby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

you sound like fúck buddies.
    Miss Fluff wrote:
    A blatant f*ck-buddy scenario

f*ck buddy theory + 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

its blatantly ****-buddies.

Oh and the reason he closes up when you mention relationships is because he doesnt want to go out with you. He gets to shag you no strings attached whenever when ever he wants, why would he ruin that by dating you?

Im the one who initiated sex in the first place back in July we were platonic except for a kiss for nearly a year!!! We stayed friends throughout though!!!
    the other guy I was going out wit @xmas was not serious it lasted 4 weeks so I never considered it serious!
    I suppose I get what I deserve for getting him back in the sack but seriously lads ur making him sound evil he’s not
    I know he’s not man enough to deal with the court cases and all he went thru hell
    his best mate told me what his ex put him through
    She was having an affair wit a fella for ages got pregnant (but there were tests done in a case lst yr its his baby)then ran out wit the baby he was in court only a few weeks ago bcuz she wanted yet more money from him !!!

I thought about whether I wanted the baggage but I realized how I felt 4 him and wanted 2 be there for him and its basically bcuz of that **** went on I was continuing being there for him!!!
    but somewhere along the way we ended up in this mess!:confused:

Does that all mean he wants to go out with you??
    Who said he was evil. I've nothing but respect for the man sleeping with a girl 8 years younger than him (ok not like, that she's 20 fgs) comming with all this baggage lying about it and your still stringed on. I know you might like him but I think your being a bit starry eyed for the older man here. And you might think he's great in bed but any 28 yr old you sleep with should be.
    He doesn't have much to offer you does he?????
    Is he giving you anything that you can count on for the future? sly shagging doesn't count. Can you even expect a pressent for Xmas??
    There doesn't seem to be anything in this for you besides the percieved excitement you get for being in this "tangled web" of a situation and your obvisously going to feel strongly for him since you've been seeing him on and off for years now.
    You walked into someone elses mess with your eyes wide open and asked "please can I be a part of this" and now you don't seem to understand how this all happened???

Jesper wrote:
    Does that all mean he wants to go out with you??
    Who said he was evil. I've nothing but respect for the man sleeping with a girl 8 years younger than him (ok not like, that she's 20 fgs) comming with all this baggage lying about it and your still stringed on. I know you might like him but I think your being a bit starry eyed for the older man here. And you might think he's great in bed but any 28 yr old you sleep with should be.
    He doesn't have much to offer you does he?????
    Is he giving you anything that you can count on for the future? sly shagging doesn't count. Can you even expect a pressent for Xmas??
    There doesn't seem to be anything in this for you besides the percieved excitement you get for being in this "tangled web" of a situation and your obvisously going to feel strongly for him since you've been seeing him on and off for years now.
    You walked into someone elses mess with your eyes wide open and asked "please can I be a part of this" and now you don't seem to understand how this all happened???

ok then wat do u suggest i do?
    I was never tangled up his mate fills me in on it he rarely talks about it wit me
    He said he like the fact im not involved in it!!! All his mates said he was mad and he should hv a relationship wit me but I didn’t think anything of them saying basically bcuz they’re his mates
    The only thing he’s giving me for the future is that I know he wants me in his life ive tried cutting contact b4 and we’ve always ended up talking again were great mates!!

also his mate said the reason he lied about his age was he was afraid i wud hv told him to f**k off at the start of it all he said he thought about sayin it then a while after but then he thought it was 2 late ...i found out anyway

[Edit: Just read your replies above....I'll leave this here anyway as it'll make even less sense if I go chopping it up now!]

Ah here lads, lay off the lass for a little bit will you? It's not like she's enough of an idiot to think this is all perfectly good for her the way it is right now. She's come to ask for a bit of help making sense of it and a non-stop earbashing is unlikely to help.

CSG, There's plenty of food for thought in the various responses here so far - But don't let anything we say get you down. Some assumptions have been made about your character (some nice, some nasty) but I think you've got enough smarts to work this one out for yourself, now you've hopefully been 'pushed' in the right sort of direction.

The way things are between the two of you right now is most certainly not ideal. Far from it in fact. You know that. So step back, tell him to back off for a bit so you have space and time to think this through for yourself, and very importantly, use his reaction as another measure of his character and medium/long-term intent where you're concerned.

It'll probably be a little difficult to contemplate pushing away someone you obviously have some feelings for, particularly if he's having a rough time in the courts and what not at the moment. But you need to be selfish here. If you become an emotional victim as a result of becoming too close to a situation you ultimately can't help with, you'll be no use to either yourself or this lad in the future.

You need to take control here as your own happiness is your own responsibility. Don't become a victim of your own selflessness - Be selfish and brutally honest with yourself when you're looking at what this guy can offer you now and what he is PREPARED to offer in the future. Make the tough decision now so you don't end up with a touger decision to make a little further down the road when all sort of other changes to your life circumstances could become a factor.

I hope that makes sense. I think it does but you never know, I could have it all wrong in my take on things! And don't forget that nobody here bears any real animosity for you or this guy really. We can't, we don't know either of you. But we can all become frustrated when we hear of what sounds like one person being taken for a ride (pardon the pun :p) by someone else when their ultimate intentions and motivation are a little unclear. Think of it as a sense of community here where we're all watching your back!

Best of luck,

Gil

Is it a good thing that your not involved in it? Don't we normally tell those closest to us our most pressing issues??
    You see you are probable a breath of fresh air to him if all these troubles are real. I mean you don't ask for much/anything. If you started asking for big parts in the realationship what do you thing would happen. He's gone to long with this for anymore excuses. If he doesn't want to involve you is that because he thinks your to immature or won't have anything worthwile to say. I mean chit chat is grand and the odd shag but obvisously this means more to you than him.
    Foget the age thing for a minute and everyting else. If he likes you that much that he defenetly wants you in his life whats stopping him?????

And why am I a bit pesamistic about all this you might wonder? well I'm 4 years older than a girl I'm meeting. 19 and 23. Get on great. Might even drive 80 miles to see her this weekend. Will I bring her to my work Christmas party. Afraid not. Will I meat her some other time. Yup. get my point?

Jesper wrote:
    Will I bring her to my work Christmas party. Afraid not. Will I meat her some other time. Yup. get my point?

Dude, I hope that was a typo! :D

Gil_Dub wrote:
    [Edit: Just read your replies above....I'll leave this here anyway as it'll make even less sense if I go chopping it up now!]

Ah here lads, lay off the lass for a little bit will you? It's not like she's enough of an idiot to think this is all perfectly good for her the way it is right now. She's come to ask for a bit of help making sense of it and a non-stop earbashing is unlikely to help.

CSG, There's plenty of food for thought in the various responses here so far - But don't let anything we say get you down. Some assumptions have been made about your character (some nice, some nasty) but I think you've got enough smarts to work this one out for yourself, now you've hopefully been 'pushed' in the right sort of direction.

The way things are between the two of you right now is most certainly not ideal. Far from it in fact. You know that. So step back, tell him to back off for a bit so you have space and time to think this through for yourself, and very importantly, use his reaction as another measure of his character and medium/long-term intent where you're concerned.

It'll probably be a little difficult to contemplate pushing away someone you obviously have some feelings for, particularly if he's having a rough time in the courts and what not at the moment. But you need to be selfish here. If you become an emotional victim as a result of becoming too close to a situation you ultimately can't help with, you'll be no use to either yourself or this lad in the future.

You need to take control here as your own happiness is your own responsibility. Don't become a victim of your own selflessness - Be selfish and brutally honest with yourself when you're looking at what this guy can offer you now and what he is PREPARED to offer in the future. Make the tough decision now so you don't end up with a touger decision to make a little further down the road when all sort of other changes to your life circumstances could become a factor.

I hope that makes sense. I think it does but you never know, I could have it all wrong in my take on things! And don't forget that nobody here bears any real animosity for you or this guy really. We can't, we don't know either of you. But we can all become frustrated when we hear of what sounds like one person being taken for a ride (pardon the pun :p) by someone else when their ultimate intentions and motivation are a little unclear. Think of it as a sense of community here where we're all watching your back!

Best of luck,

Gil

If I was a girl I'd of tried to sound a bit more like this. You know best. But make sure you take every factor even the brutelly bad ones into your decision. I agree with this quote though. But remember there is no bad responses here everyone might be true:( you decide:confused:

Jesper - I'm a bloke FFS. And I'm straight. Sweet jesus....

• Advertisement

Gil_Dub wrote:

Best of luck,

Gil

ive backed off from the sex situation b4 bcuz i didnt want 2 be used and he took it grand!! like i said i pursue it more than him!!

thanks a million for ur advice i was begining to think i wasnt seeing it black and white!!
    believe me ive given this one a lot of thought
    i even went to see a physic twice she said there wud be a lot of patience needed for me but eventually we'd hav four babies 2gether
    i threw that in for the laugh bcuz thats wat i did when she said it!!

im gonna hav to think about it more
    you said take control and think of my own happiness thats wat lead 2 the sex in the first place but i have to think about that too!!
    thanks for ur advice anyway!!!

Someone is awake ;)
    Gil_Dub wrote:
    Dude, I hope that was a typo! :D

Bit of Both :D
    Can't do one without the other :p

Gil_Dub wrote:
    Jesper - I'm a bloke FFS. And I'm straight. Sweet jesus....

what the F*** u doing with a purple little teddy as an icon. bit confused are we:D

Jesper wrote:
    what the F*** u doing with a purple little teddy as an icon. bit confused are we:D

Animal...The drummer from the Muppet Show. Trade in your testicles mate...You've failed the test! :D

@OP - Good luck....Just don't rush at anything. As Mr. Armstrong was fond of singing "We have all the time in the world".....He's run out of time, but you've a good while to go yet, all going well! ;)

Jesper wrote:
    Is it a good thing that your not involved in it? Don't we normally tell those closest to us our most pressing issues??
    You see you are probable a breath of fresh air to him if all these troubles are real. I mean you don't ask for much/anything. If you started asking for big parts in the realationship what do you thing would happen. He's gone to long with this for anymore excuses. If he doesn't want to involve you is that because he thinks your to immature or won't have anything worthwile to say. I mean chit chat is grand and the odd shag but obvisously this means more to you than him.
    Foget the age thing for a minute and everyting else. If he likes you that much that he defenetly wants you in his life whats stopping him?????

And why am I a bit pesamistic about all this you might wonder? well I'm 4 years older than a girl I'm meeting. 19 and 23. Get on great. Might even drive 80 miles to see her this weekend. Will I bring her to my work Christmas party. Afraid not. Will I meat her some other time. Yup. get my point?

No I get the fact he doesn’t discuss it all wit me but not because im immature or wouldn’t have anything worthwhile to say im a lot smarter than him (not being bigheaded)
    I am in his life just not as much as I want to be
    No I don’t get why ur being pessimistic
    Grand u don’t want to bring her to ur xmas got to say if he was my fella I wouldn’t either separate life’s is grand its healthy
    Gives u more to talk about but all im saying am I want to be involved more!!!
    U obviously just want sex off this girl and once u tell her that it’s ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Jesper wrote:
    And why am I a bit pesamistic about all this you might wonder? well I'm 4 years older than a girl I'm meeting. 19 and 23. Get on great. Might even drive 80 miles to see her this weekend. Will I bring her to my work Christmas party. Afraid not.

are you ashamed of her or something??
    why wouldn't you bring her?

No I get the fact he doesn’t discuss it all wit me but not because im immature or wouldn’t have anything worthwhile to say im a lot smarter than him (not being bigheaded)
    I am in his life just not as much as I want to be
    No I don’t get why ur being pessimistic
    Grand u don’t want to bring her to ur xmas got to say if he was my fella I wouldn’t either separate life’s is grand its healthy
    Gives u more to talk about but all im saying am I want to be involved more!!!
    U obviously just want sex off this girl and once u tell her that it’s ok

first off, lose the childish text talk. your not on a mobile phone.

secondly, you keep saying you initiated the sex, but for some reason you felt it neccessary to say that he initiated sex in your forst post. it seems that you are changing your stance to suit the response of the posters.

now, while i dont condenm you for your situation or your actions, its pretty clear that both of you lie in your relationship, and that whenever you meet up you have sex. and thats fine. in fact its great.

no one has made him sound evil.

i'll be honest. it sounds like you have need issues, and this bloke is stringing you along, but you are happy to keep in contact hand be fúcked because you feel needed by him.
    it seems you are happy for other people to have a sex only relationship but when its pointed out to you that that is pretty much all you have (oh, apart from the bestest of bestest friends bit) then you get all defensive.

you obviously dont have any problem getting a bloke. why dont you go out and try someone else and see if that chnages your feelings somewhat?

first off, lose the childish text talk. your not on a mobile phone.

secondly, you keep saying you initiated the sex, but for some reason you felt it neccessary to say that he initiated sex in your forst post. it seems that you are changing your stance to suit the response of the posters.

now, while i dont condenm you for your situation or your actions, its pretty clear that both of you lie in your relationship, and that whenever you meet up you have sex. and thats fine. in fact its great.

no one has made him sound evil.

i'll be honest. it sounds like you have need issues, and this bloke is stringing you along, but you are happy to keep in contact hand be fúcked because you feel needed by him.
    it seems you are happy for other people to have a sex only relationship but when its pointed out to you that that is pretty much all you have (oh, apart from the bestest of bestest friends bit) then you get all defensive.

you obviously dont have any problem getting a bloke. why dont you go out and try someone else and see if that chnages your feelings somewhat?

he just intiated sex last week i do all the time
    sex only relationships are grand but i just want more now that all
    the text talk is to do with me being lazy sorry
    the the bestest of bestest friends bit i think is very relevent
    would you call and text a girl all the time and over a year and a half if u only wanted ur bit!!!hes a genuine bloke
    ive tried gettin fellas and hav gotten a few
    just none compare tohim!!
    and i get bored with them

A relationship based on so many lies, from both sides, probably isnt really a stable foundation. What else will this guy lie about if you 2 get together, when he is with you, will he have another fck buddy on the go, like i mean if he can lie about his age he can lie about another girl easypeasy. Why dont you head out this Christmas and see if a different fella makes you feel any different.

• Advertisement

Kersh wrote:
    A relationship based on so many lies, from both sides, probably isnt really a stable foundation. What else will this guy lie about if you 2 get together, when he is with you, will he have another fck buddy on the go, like i mean if he can lie about his age he can lie about another girl easypeasy. Why dont you head out this Christmas and see if a different fella makes you feel any different.

I know for a fact he's never lie to me regarding another girl because of what was done on him
    he even told me when he drunkenly kissed another girl on Halloween night!!
    which I can well say he's more honest than me in that regard
    I started seeing a guy for a couple of weeks and I told him about it although I regretted it instantly but it turned out it didn't work out with the other guy

anyway his mate tells me everything going on if I wanted to know anything!!eg,if he's in a bad humour id ask his mate had anything bad happened!!

Thats a terrible way to run any relationship. If you cant be upfront with him and ask him how he is (without resorting to his friend) how can you expect a 1 on 1 relationship to have any sort of solid foundation. Believe it or not, this is key to it all working out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

Kersh wrote:
    If you have ****ed him while going out with someone then you are a tart. sorry if this is harsh, but imo if you have a bf you shouldn be screwing around.
    It says early in your post that you kissed while you had a bf, this is also a **** thing to do. Grow up, and either play the field or make him your fella.
    If of course you ditched that bf quite early on, and all your sex with this older guy was when you were single, then its just a fcuk buddy scenario. Enjoy, then when you get a fella, lose the ex, ok. :)

I'm of the same opinion. Anyone that sleeps with another guy knowing he has a girlfriend is no better than a slut in my eyes(same applies to guys that sleep with another girl). I think it's cheap and disgusting and shouldn't be condoned by anyone. If a relationship is ****, end it. Don't go fcking another person behind your partners back. And i don't think it's right for people to glorify the status of **** buddies either.

Kersh wrote:
    Thats a terrible way to run any relationship. If you cant be upfront with him and ask him how he is (without resorting to his friend) how can you expect a 1 on 1 relationship to have any sort of solid foundation. Believe it or not, this is key to it all working out....

guys don't open up always and share emotions and if hes not like that I wouldn't force him to either. his mate does the same with me ! this guy is just like that if there's something bothering him he'll close up I get him to open up wthout having to go into details about what's bothering him

so when you start going out with this guy, are ou going to get all of your emotional information from his best mate?

anyway, what exactly is stopping you from going out with him.

i dont understand what the problem is.

according to you, you both like each other, are best of friends, hve great sex, want each other in your lives.....

what is stopping you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

You seem to get all private info on your fúck-buddy/friend from this guy's mate, bit weird since you say you and your fúck-buddy are such great friends. Are you really that close, if you have to go to his mate to get this info?

• Advertisement

so when you start going out with this guy, are ou going to get all of your emotional information from his best mate?

anyway, what exactly is stopping you from going out with him.

i dont understand what the problem is.

according to you, you both like each other, are best of friends, hve great sex, want each other in your lives.....

what is stopping you?
    he said before he's afraid of getting into a relationship because he doesn't want things turning bad between us, in his opinion people in relationship argue sometimes and he cant handle that, we were together in the summer and after one fight we both backed off!! because we hate fighting with each other its a rarity
    I think he's just afraid of relationships in general and he has major trust issues from his previous relationship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Here's my 2c, from what' I've just read.

You're with an older guy, who you reckon is not as intelligent as you, but with whom you have fantastic sex. You say he talks to you, but you know he lies, so only "reliable" information you get seems to come from his mate. The guy has baggage which makes you unhappy, but you're willing to live with it and you want to get to know him better. Correct?

If that is correct, then let me play the devils advocate here. He's lying to you, and the fact that you trust his friend more than him shows clearly how desperate your situation with him really is. It doesn't sound like you could ever have a decent relationship with this guy, because when it comes to personality and intelligence, you two are not matched. So as I see it, you have 2 choices.

A) You accept it for what it is: keep having sex with him, but accept that it's not a relationship, just an affair, and keep on the lookout for a boyfriend. When you find a guy you're really compatible with, set the affair by the wayside, ideally before you have sex with the new guy (because its not a great idea to start a relationship with an overlap)

B) If you feel that you're not getting anything out of this guy, or that the sex simply complicates things, you can dump him. Outright and forever. It'll be hard to do, it'll probably feel quite lonely until you find someone else, but it may well be worth it in the long run.

Either way, going longterm and alone with this guy is clearly just going to run you into the ground.

he said before he's afraid of getting into a relationship because he doesn't want things turning bad between us, in his opinion people in relationship argue sometimes and he cant handle that, we were together in the summer and after one fight we both backed off!! because we hate fighting with each other its a rarity
    I think he's just afraid of relationships in general and he has major trust issues from his previous relationship

so he wont go out with you.

well then, i guess your stuck as being his part time sex thing.
    but at least you have the emotional connection with his friend.

listen, the bloke wont communicate. if he liked you enough, he would be with you.
    all i can see here is you being told he wont be with you for some reason or other. all poor reasons to my mind i have to admit.

if this bloke really and truely and honestly wont be with you becusae he feels that 'being an item' will result in fighting etc, then all i can suggest is that this guy is emotionally immature, and has so much baggage, he should be pulling a wagon. but more to the point, it means that until he sorts it out, he wont want to be with you.

but i dont think that. i think he is fúcking you over. i think you have no idea if he is with other people. i think if yo uare such great friends, you would do something other than fúck when you meet, but i suspect thats why you meet.
    i think many things actually, not much of is very useful to you.

but at the end of the day, the bloke wont be with you.
    why are you still hanging around?
    its possible to be friends with someone and go out with other people.
    its also possible to be friends and not screw everytime you meet.

so he wont go out with you.

well then, i guess your stuck as being his part time sex thing.
    but at least you have the emotional connection with his friend.

listen, the bloke wont communicate. if he liked you enough, he would be with you.
    all i can see here is you being told he wont be with you for some reason or other. all poor reasons to my mind i have to admit.

if this bloke really and truely and honestly wont be with you becusae he feels that 'being an item' will result in fighting etc, then all i can suggest is that this guy is emotionally immature, and has so much baggage, he should be pulling a wagon. but more to the point, it means that until he sorts it out, he wont want to be with you.

but i dont think that. i think he is fúcking you over. i think you have no idea if he is with other people. i think if yo uare such great friends, you would do something other than fúck when you meet, but i suspect thats why you meet.
    i think many things actually, not much of is very useful to you.

but at the end of the day, the bloke wont be with you.
    why are you still hanging around?
    its possible to be friends with someone and go out with other people.
    its also possible to be friends and not screw everytime you meet.

his mate and me just look out for him i dont have an emotional connection with his friend!!
    we dont always just **** when we meet we go for a drink and a chat !!
    i guess i have to make the decision to be just friends with him again!!
    i definitly agree about the baggage!:(

Any new guy you date/go out with would do well to be very wary of this older guy, and i think any new fella would have a problem with this older guy, - 1st fight you and the new bf have and i bet you end up in the sack with the other guy.
    Am I right in saying thats what happened with the last 4 week bf??
    Or to put it another way, how long were you 2 broken up (the 4 week guy) before you had sex with 'older guy'??

• Advertisement

The Troll wrote:
    I'm of the same opinion. Anyone that sleeps with another guy knowing he has a girlfriend is no better than a slut in my eyes(same applies to guys that sleep with another girl). I think it's cheap and disgusting and shouldn't be condoned by anyone. If a relationship is ****, end it. Don't go fcking another person behind your partners back. And i don't think it's right for people to glorify the status of **** buddies either.
    i never slept with anyone behind anyones back!!! it was a kiss

i never slept with anyone behind anyones back!!! it was a kiss

is there a difference in your eyes?

Kersh wrote:
    Any new guy you date/go out with would do well to be very wary of this older guy, and i think any new fella would have a problem with this older guy, - 1st fight you and the new bf have and i bet you end up in the sack with the other guy.
    Am I right in saying thats what happened with the last 4 week bf??
    Or to put it another way, how long were you 2 broken up (the 4 week guy) before you had sex with 'older guy'??

the guy i was going out with ive known him a year and he suddenly asked me out, I think he was waiting a while because he knew me when I was going out with "older guy", anyway me and the other guy would not have worked out due to incompatibility issues so I didn't just throw him away me and him decided to be just mates too but I will never sleep with him as I never have before
    and it was 5 day FYI he intiated it im now thinking its becuz he knew me and the other guy didnt work out!!
    anyway fun was had by all

is there a difference in your eyes?
    sleeping wit someone is a lot worse!!! anyway i broke up with the guy shortly after! and yes i did come clean !!!

Ah well thats ok then.
    If its just sex and you dont want anything else, then thats great, have fun.
    If you want a relationship i think you should try elsewhere, pick up a guy who is a bit more open, with less baggage, and at the same stage in life that you are at.

Kersh wrote:
    Ah well thats ok then.
    If its just sex and you dont want anything else, then thats great, have fun.
    If you want a relationship i think you should try elsewhere, pick up a guy who is a bit more open, with less baggage, and at the same stage in life that you are at.

hard decision to make and it basiclly comes down to
    sex or no sex!!!:(

Well sex is easy to come by, does it have to be with him... that is the question you must ask yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

what nobody has seamed to have asked is how did you find out about his age.... maybe he see's you are the type of girl to rummage(sp?) through his stuff and constantly nag him about where he is going, who he is seeing and he doesnt like that kind of thing. maybe his ex did that... and he saw you where the same so doesnt want a similar relationship to what he had before...... so again, how did you find out his age

hard decision to make and it basiclly comes down to
    sex or no sex!!!:(

so it is actually just about the sex?

and in my eyes, kissing someone and having sex is still doing the dirt on your boyfriend.
    ok, i could forgive once off drunken kissing, but lets face it, this si someone you were doing it with off and on, so it really was more than just that.

buts its subjective, and if you feel you didnt do the dirt then so be it. of course, if thats your point of view, maybe you ought to stay with this guy.
    i mean, most blokes wouldnt be too happy if you figured that going around kissing other blokes was ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

what nobody has seamed to have asked is how did you find out about his age.... maybe he see's you are the type of girl to rummage(sp?) through his stuff and constantly nag him about where he is going, who he is seeing and he doesnt like that kind of thing. maybe his ex did that... and he saw you where the same so doesnt want a similar relationship to what he had before...... so again, how did you find out his age

• Advertisement
Advertisement