Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring contacts ...

• 23-11-2005 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

I'm migrating from VF to 3. What's the easiest way of transferring my phonebook from my Nokia 6610 (some on SIM the rest in phone memory) onto the new Motorola E1000 I got from 3. I haven't ported my number over to 3 yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

does the e1000 come with a cable? if so the best way would be to put the vf sim in a motorola phone and make a backup of the phone book onto your pc, then restore the backup to the e1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I'm assuming that my 3 handset is locked.

or find someone with a v525/535 or some such phone with bluetooth and get an adapter. 23.99 in maplin

your handest is locked. i mean put the sim in a different motorola phone so that the contacts backup will be in a format that can be put straight onto another motorola phone. i doubt a backup from a 6610 will transfer to a motorola properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Will the 3 simcard not work in a sim copier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Some shops have sim copiers in them. That'd work best and quickest imo...

• Advertisement

won't work in a sim copier. tried several times

Advertisement