Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox360 "crashing like mad"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Microsoft making a product that crashes? Shocking............

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Having defective consoles on a console launch, even more shocking............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Microsoft making a product that crashes? Shocking............

Zing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Just wait for XBox 360 Service Pack 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Doesn't surprise me. Compare the cooling on a PowerMac G5 (the closest thing you'll get to an X360) and an Xbox360. The PowerMac has massive fans and is about the size of a suitcase.

TBH it'll be a long time before I'd even consider getting an Xbox360.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

I've read those posts (and others) and not one of them has actually confirmed that they have Xbox support following up on it.

Seems to me that out of the hundreds of thousands of consoles and games sold in the first 24 hours that Sony is getting the boot in soon as they can.

Anyone remember those stories about 'xbox scratches game discs' ? what a load of bollix they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

shabbyroad wrote:
    I've read those posts (and others) and not one of them has actually confirmed that they have Xbox support following up on it.

Seems to me that out of the hundreds of thousands of consoles and games sold in the first 24 hours that Sony is getting the boot in soon as they can.

Anyone remember those stories about 'xbox scratches game discs' ? what a load of bollix they were.

Well there's plenty of pictures of the crashes and it seems it's to do with the power supply or something.

As for hundreds of thousands? I'd be surprised - sure the Americans will have bought a lot, but that 23 or so consoles sold in Ireland probably doesn't count for much. And the 58 in all the game stores in the EU.

My god it's all sold out so fast I must have one NOW!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

I'll say this for Mircosoft, their BSOD's are getting prettier.

As for hundreds of thousands? I'd be surprised - sure the Americans will have bought a lot, but that 23 or so consoles sold in Ireland probably doesn't count for much. And the 58 in all the game stores in the EU.

My god it's all sold out so fast I must have one NOW!!!!
    Its pretty much sold out everywhere. If the estimates are right that about 400,000 - 1,000,000 consoles sold.

And there will be alot more than 23 sold in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

there was alot of hype about psp selling out here and it didnt sell out at all [until now] - sept, oct, Nov

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

MrPinK wrote:
    I'll say this for Mircosoft, their BSOD's are getting prettier.
    they are lookin kinda sleek alright - nice to see where their R&D budget is going...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=461302

I'd say at least have of these problems are caused by the stupidity of some of these americans or they are dying for attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

no there's too many reports of sparking 360's for it to be just attention-starved kids...

it must be something stupid in there (fans put on backwards or something) because surely this issue would have been noticed when they were testing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

It's a small percentage of faulty units, vocal minority screaming about it while everyone who has a working xbox is enjoying there's. It's exactly the same with every console launch, a small number of PSPs had problems at launch too and that got blown out of proportion at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Could be just something like a faulty batch of fan motors or something like that.

Justifies my reason also for never buying a console at launch, always wait a bit and get the 2nd or 3rd gen with the bugs ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

My bf works in the game industry, and so got an option to buy one early. We've had it exactly one week today, on quite a lot, and have seen no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Shabadu wrote:
    My bf works in the game industry, and so got an option to buy one early. We've had it exactly one week today, on quite a lot, and have seen no problems.

I really doubt it's widespread. There's similar reports at the launch of any new console, but it's always a tiny percentage and it just makes headlines because those effected will tend to be very vocal about it (understandably)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

Apparently the crashes are due to the xbox overheating because are stuffing it in corners and it isn't getting the ventilation it needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Shabadu wrote:

Really ?:rolleyes: Please elaborate. No consoles were released early to anyone.

shabbyroad wrote:
    Really ?:rolleyes: Please elaborate. No consoles were released early to anyone.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054852097

Looks like a 360 to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Scare mongering by Sony I expect! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

My mate had trouble with his x-box, if I remeber correctly many had to be returned due to the scart cable overheating and melting or something :eek:?
    I wouldn't go with MS as of yet anyway, I want to see what they got up their sleeves...

Advertisement