Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB: Downtime planned for Thur 24/11

• 23-11-2005 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Email from IBB:
    *** Important Notice: A planned network maintenance outage has been scheduled for this Thursday morning 24th Nov 2005 at 12:01am - 6am ***
    Dear Customer,

Due to essential network maintenance on our core network a planned outage has been scheduled. It is likely that during this period you will experience intermittent loss of service, we will however endeavor to reduce downtime to a minimum. This maintenance is scheduled for this Thursday morning the 24th Nov 2005 at 12:01am - 6am.

We apologise for the short notice given but this was due to an internal error on our email announcement system. Irish Broadband sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause but assure you that the work being performed is necessary.

Thank you for your time.

Irish Broadband.
    Customer Services.

Incase you didn't get the email.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

The_Edge wrote:
    Email from IBB:

... you will experience intermittent loss of service, ...

Incase you didn't get the email.

No change there then, just a normal evening with IBB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yeah, why bother sending emails out.
    We apologise for the short notice given but this was due to an internal error on our email announcement system. Irish Broadband sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause but assure you that the work being performed is necessary.

nothing new there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Is this for their entire network or just a certian High site? Where are you at then? I`ll have to go check my own email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I just got that mail as well. I am on the Guinness highsite.

PS... I love that bit about the "email server" having an "error" :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

so even their internal systems don't work - muppets! i got the mail too and was positively frothing at the mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Washington

I did't get this email. Have Breeze not ripwave, also facing Kilinarden Hill Highsite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I got this. I'm on breeze. Bloody annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

if 6 hours of downtime means ibbs service goes back to something usable, doesn't anyone think its worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's "fine" as it is. Let me have my torrents I say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There was something wrong with mail.irishbroadband.ie lastnight. Couldn't send out mail. Lets hope it improves the system .. if anything. Be positive :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

/me growls even angrier than before at this news..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

flamegrill wrote:
    if 6 hours of downtime means ibbs service goes back to something usable, doesn't anyone think its worth it?

Yeah and pigs can fly, it will go down and everybody who was fine will be getting slowly worse and visa versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭[V3]

I got the email but have not disruption in the service apart from it being extremely slow than normal. I'm barely reaching 200kpbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

7:50 and the connection is down... completely...

Ah well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Mine is down since last week. How long does it take to get through to these jokers on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Well, I didn't get that e-mail and I'm a "business customer"... Thank God my "business" doesn't depend on my internet connection! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Im a business customer also.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

Letterkenny down also - last checked around 8:10am

Noticed it was down when trying to email ibb support to complain about my terrible service !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I'm a business customer also. With a Breze lite connection (3mb) Woke up at 3 and the connection was extreamly slow. Tried it at 7:50 and it was down, then at 8:50 and it was working, however there was no differance from what I could see. I will give it till I get home. If its still crap then. I will be continuing to bug them about installing my product due to them breaching the SLA.

dealgan wrote:
    Noticed it was down when trying to email ibb support to complain about my terrible service !
    Ironic isn't it?

• Advertisement

So whats the speed like guys? Is it back? I'm in work so I haven't had a chance to see what the affects of the downtime are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭[V3]

It went down from about 7.00 am this morning for 1 hour or so. Back to the speed it was before it went down. Still barely reaching 200kpbs. I doubt IBB the fixing has anything to do in making our connection better. IBB just doesnt care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Currently my service is worse than it was, I actually had an okish connection and now it's taking 3 minutes to load a page

I can already sense the pleasant surprise waiting for me at home this evening. . . . . :mad:

Crap!! Mine was okay! I mean not too bad. At least I could use VPN on it.
    Hopefully not too bad. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

I am starting to think that they are restricting the traffic on purpose.

The attached capture shows an ftp download from Today (Siac), and the 800 spike also happen yesterday at the exact same time under the same conditions.

Btw, Got an email yesterday telling me my connection issues since august have now been resolved.

Yes, the connection has gone from 50kbps to 110kbps since the NEW backhaul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Can you guys send e-mail via smtp.irishbroadband.ie (or mail.irishbroadband.ie, same thing)? I can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

Blaster99 wrote:
    Can you guys send e-mail via smtp.irishbroadband.ie (or mail.irishbroadband.ie, same thing)? I can't.

The email servers seem to be messed up at the moment.

I sent a reply to a support request at support@Irishbroadband.ie and it spit back to 2 emails with 7 internal staff addresses which could not be found..

Strange that, I didnt think IBB had more than 5 staff members.

arcane99 wrote:
    The email servers seem to be messed up at the moment.

I sent a reply to a support request at support@Irishbroadband.ie and it spit back to 2 emails with 7 internal staff addresses which could not be found..

Strange that, I didnt think IBB had more than 5 staff members.

Same happened to me yesterday but with 8 internal staff addresses that could not be found!

then

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Rosemary.******@irishbroadband.ie
    Tony.****@irishbroadband.ie

I wasn't e-mailing support@Irishbroadband.ie though... I was sending an update to an IBB employee...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Got a fright there .. thought it was

Rosemary.West@irishbroadband.ie

I think you should remove those email addresses, in fairness, its not very nice to post their names like that on the Internet.

Advertisement