Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all repeats!!

Options
  • 23-11-2005 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hows the year going so far? Mines going pretty well but Im still not studying nearly enough. Got 500 points in the midterms which is promising but this time of year is so cold and tiring its hard to stay motivated. Summer still seems so far away but its only around the corner really. Hows everybody else getting on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I hope to god I don't have to repeat, but probably will if I have to. What's it like the second time around? Any easier? Are you just completely focused on revising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Funkstard wrote:
    I hope to god I don't have to repeat, but probably will if I have to. What's it like the second time around? Any easier? Are you just completely focused on revising?

Well, personally Im finding it easier the second time around, Ive a bit more cop on and take it seriously (which I didnt first time round) Im doing two completely new subjects so I have a heavy workload, but I would definately recommend repeating if someone feels they could do better, its not that hard and the stress isnt so bad ( maybe coz you have been through it all before!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I completly need to hit the books, and hit them hard. I'm talking 24+ Hours of work a week minimum. Its only hit my now how much I need to do. Good luck dr.barbie, what do you need the points for? What course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Medicine is the dream but Im realistically hoping to do science in TCD- about 450 points. But im gonna keep aiming for medicine- God loves a trier!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Well, good luck :)

• Advertisement

why is science so high in tcd?all people come out with same degrees and its 280 in ucd!!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

It's higher because it's percieved to be a better degree. Also, in general, people who go to Trinity tend to have more points. Personally, I know four people who are doing science in TCD who all got over 560, and I'm sure there are more. And as you know, the points are based on demand, and so, the more people with higher points wanting to do the course, the higher the requirements.
    I'm in no way saying that TCD's science degree IS better, just that it's percieved to be.
    Actually, from what I've heard, UCD is better for physical and chemical sciences, while TCD is better for biological.

Advertisement