Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review Of Vodafone N70

• 23-11-2005 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Was in UK and saw the N70. Have to say its nice design and 2mp camera very clear photo's. Menu similar to 6680. Only downside is the keypad is very flimsy and plastic and keys seem even closer together than 6680. The internet capabilities are very good and Sky TV live is very impressive (although thats only in UK and on all 3G handsets).

Im not sure if there is a point in upgrading from 6680 id need to use the N70 more to really decide.

If anyone has any views or comments on the N70 id be interested in hearing them. I wonder how much it will be here ....they are free in the UK on certain contract price plans!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Forgot to mention O2 and T Mobile also have them......I wonder if O2 will offer them when they launch 3G in January (apparantley thats the new date)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Jesus, is 02 not gonna have 3G launched till after Xmas here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Called them up and they said it was supposed to be end of October but has now been delayed til Jan.....so unless something changes dramatically i guess so . Its only running for business clients using data cards. I did a network search in town and did get O2 3G logo so its up and running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

O2 3G apparantly ain't gonna be out here til March 2006 .... that's what I was told in the shop at the weekend :(

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

tinkerbell wrote:
    O2 3G apparantly ain't gonna be out here til March 2006 .... that's what I was told in the shop at the weekend :(

Bit of a bummer they are missing the Christmas market. That being said I've had a 3G datacard from them for a while now and when I went to upgrade another 20 cards I was told that there is a shortage of them so maybe they genuinely aren't ready yet...

• Advertisement

tinkerbell wrote:

I wonder if they are gonna skip 3G and go straight to HSDPA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Whats that, (HSDPA) Jesus?

Its a high speed addition to 3G, effectively 3.5G (3.9G). Offers 1 or 2 megabits per second. O2 are testing it in the Isle of Man at the moment. I would doubt they are intoducting it, but it would be interesting if they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Jesus, is 02 not gonna have 3G launched till after Xmas here?
    they could be like 3 and not telling people when there setting up a new network (just 3g for o2) until like 2 days before lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Article in Digital Ireland supplement with the Irish Indy today says Vodafone and O2 will have them here for Xmas....

Keypad issue sounds annoying...the build quality of Nokias seems to be going downhill...not what you expect really considering how much they cost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

o2 aren't launching 3g... Imod is different technology

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

O2 in ireland are going to be going straight to HSDPA was said in an interview with there CTO on the register a couple of weeks ago I will see if i can dig it up

TCP/IP wrote:

In fairness, it does not actually say what they are doing in Ireland. However, your assumption is fair enough. O2 trialled UMTS years ago on the Isle of Man, the launch in the UK followed years later and still hasnt happened in Ireland.

I agree about 3G not been rolled out in the UK but it was never released by the company that they would roll out 3G in ireland since the last 6months O2 have only come out and said they would be launching HSDPA in Ireland and skipping 3G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

there could be some major changes in O2 since Telefonica have taken it over. Perhaps if you took a look at what they are doing in Spain it mite give an idea of what they are planning to do in Ireland

Advertisement