Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forwarding ports on Netopia

• 23-11-2005 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

I have done this many times but lately i upgraded to netopia's latest firmware.

the problem is

trying to set radmin (www.famatech.com) up and i need to forward port 4899. I Have A netopia router from eircom and went into custom services and added
    Set up a Port Forwarding range entry based on your specific ports

Service Name: radmin
    The above name will be saved as this service's description
    Global Port Range: 4899 - 4899
    Base Host Port:4899
    Protocol: TCP

the static nat is set to my internal ip address.

When i run radmin i only see local address not my public internet address

I have also disabled the firewall on the router and still the same.

enable a few other default services in there to just to see were the ports being opened.

Downloaded a port scanner and it its only showing 2 ports open which are none of the ports i opened.

also used grc.com and the ports are closed even though my router telles me they are opened???????

Xp firewall is disabled. I am using avast antivirus tried disabling this but no joy.

Any Ideas??????

Advertisement