Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy Receives 2nd WWE Tryout

• 23-11-2005 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭

Irish Whip Wrestling is very proud to announce that our own IwW Heavyweight Champion, 'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy, received his second WWE tryout of 2005 this past Sunday upon WWE's return to Dublin.

'SOS' wrestled Nick Nemeth is a pre-show match that was watched by ring legends, Fit Finlay and Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat, who were also on hand for O'Shaunessy's first tryout in April.

It is obvious that WWE are keeping their eye on the two-time champion, whose career over the past year has seen his star rise to astounding heights with IwW. He has stepped in the ring with the likes of Alex Shane, D'Lo Brown, Vampiro, Jay Phoenix, Drew Galloway and had some of the most sensational matches the country has ever seen. He is the first IwW International Heavyweight Champion and also the first two-time champion. He has wrestled all over Ireland, the UK and the USA and made quite a reputation for himself. The news came as no surprise to insiders at IwW, who, says one in question, "can always rely on Seamus to do IwW and Ireland proud even at the very highest level. We are extremely proud of him and his achievements and continue to support him on his way to the top."

For more information and news on 'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy, stay tuned to www.irishwhipwrestling.com!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Well done Seamus! That's good news, but there's other guys just as good as him in IwW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Yeah? Like who?

Burridge for one, good on the mic and in the ring. If Manson were a heel he'd be brilliant. A good few others guys are better than Seamus on the mic. And I think Red Vinny is the best wrestler they have

Don't want to take away from Seamus here though, it is his thread, and I suppose he deserves a tryout being the top wrestler in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

Well, at least he's not small enough to be a leprechaun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    Well, at least he's not small enough to be a leprechaun!

Actually I can see there being room for something like that in the 'Juniors' division.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

one quick question lads i've seen SOS twice at the sfx and both times all i could really notice was the amount of blown moves by him especally recently trying to launch himself over the top rope back into the ring and draggin his feet across the top ropes in trying. don't get me wrong it's great to see someone from ireland getting a try out but was this just 2 bad nights for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

anyone know what kind of feedback he got from fit finlay and steamboat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Congratulations SOS! Excellent news for him personally and for Irish wrestling in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

well done seamus...........good look in the future and hopefulyl one day we will see you in a wwe ring

• Advertisement

moongoose wrote:
    one quick question lads i've seen SOS twice at the sfx and both times all i could really notice was the amount of blown moves by him especally recently trying to launch himself over the top rope back into the ring and draggin his feet across the top ropes in trying. don't get me wrong it's great to see someone from ireland getting a try out but was this just 2 bad nights for him?

Haha, yeah, he got a Mike Awesome chant:p

While I'm not the biggest fan of SOS, I do think he gets some unfair criticism. He's just about the only guy in IwW, apart from maybe Burridge, who could actually look like he can hold his own against guys like D'Lo and Vampiro. I do think that he can wrestle reasonably well, but the execution does seem to lack at certain points. He sounds a bit uncomfortable on the mic at times too. I'm sure a lot of criticism he gets would die down if he relaxed a little more

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Vince McMahon will never do a derogatory stereotype Irish gimmick. Think about it. With all his cartoonish character creations and having done nearly every stereotype in the books from Italians to Japanese he has never done an Irish gimmick. Why? Because he considers himself part Irish. If SOS makes it, it will be on his own merits, not the colour of his hair or nationality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I dont seem him going down the road and marketing SOS as a leprechaun, but I could see him marketing him as an aggressive brawler who is partial to the odd guinness. Similar to the way he palyed up on Austin being a Texan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Mcmahon actually had wanted to push Hogan as an fighting Irishman type years back, but given that wrestling was aimed on TV at kids in the late 70's and early 80's, the second most obvious way to run him as such was a God fearing hard worker ie the other Irish cliche, hence the name and emphasis on Hogan's crucifix chain. It was actually Pat Paterson and Pedro Morales's wise words (See the irony in an "Irish" named wrestler and a Hispanic demi hero advising VKM to steer off the original idea and to go towards the more comic bood super hero a la Incredible Hulk gimmick, folks? :) ) that led Vince to lead Hogan as a more catch all hero that he turned out as.

I just wished they had have had his ear before he signed the Bushwackers and Outback Jack :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

he has never done an Irish gimmick. Why? Because he considers himself part Irish.

Oh please. Look at what the McMahons potray themselves as. On TV, Vince is a power mad sex crazed lunatic, his son is a spoilt brat, his daughter is a slut and recently his wife is a bitch.

Do you really think Vince would shy away from having an Irish character on his show just because he supposedly has a bit of Irish in him?

Oh please. Look at what the McMahons potray themselves as. On TV, Vince is a power mad sex crazed lunatic, his son is a spoilt brat, his daughter is a slut and recently his wife is a bitch.

Do you really think Vince would shy away from having an Irish character on his show just because he supposedly has a bit of Irish in him?

Actually to me it seems as if the McMahons are the quintessentil D4 family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I would say he has never done an Irish gimiick because there was never a need. At the end of the day, who gives a ****????

Wow, someone is Irish, great. If he did it wrong he had tons of "Irish Americans" who would have just been pissed off over it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

When has he ever done a character that wasn't wrong Dragan? Be it canadiens, frenchies, arabs/muslims or red necks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Look at what the McMahons potray themselves as. On TV, Vince is a power mad sex crazed lunatic, his son is a spoilt brat, his daughter is a slut and recently his wife is a bitch.

:D:D:D
    Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

:D

• Advertisement

Thank you.

Advertisement