Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late night texts.

• 23-11-2005 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

We have all sent them and received them at some stage Id say after one to many. My question is though do they mean anything? Got a text from a guy outta the blue last week. Said he was thinking about me. I know it couldnt have been him looking for a booty call cos we are in different countries. I didnt reply til next day and he never texted me back. Grr what does it mean?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Perhaps he was just thinking about you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Yes but why response next day. That irritates me. I emailed him previously and he didnt reply. WHYß

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Alessandra wrote:
    Grr what does it mean?
    It means you're easy to wind up.

Really? Is that what men do for a laugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Perhaps he wanted some text lovin & as you didn't respond quick enough he lost interest (what a bad sign!)?

He'll probably text you again next time he doesn't pull in the pub & comes home on his own.

• Advertisement

Perhaps he wanted some text lovin & as you didn't respond quick enough he lost interest (what a bad sign!)?

He'll probably text you again next time he doesn't pull in the pub & comes home on his own.
    Nail on head:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Alessandra wrote:
    Really? Is that what men do for a laugh?
    Yes and generally screw with your mind so we can screw with other parts of your anatomy. After all, you're thinking about him even more now.

As for him being in another country - so what? It costs him little to send a text the odd time and if ever you find yourselves in the same country, the flirtation may well pay off for him. Texting is the best way to keep one in every port, as it were.

And what Kittenkiller said too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

seamus wrote:
    Perhaps he was just thinking about you?

quite possibly :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Never mind late nite texts how about late nite phone calls i used to have some going on as long as 5 hours with an ex :eek:fcuk me id be drained going into work the next day :D

Thanks. Am certainly not replying to him again!

• Advertisement

jonny68 wrote:
    Never mind late nite texts how about late nite phone calls i used to have some going on as long as 5 hours with an ex :eek:fcuk me id be drained going into work the next day :D
    he has done that too! Bit sad really. why i bother with the man....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Exxxxxxxxxactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

just ignore him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

People read too much into text messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Hmmmmm, when I get staggeringly drunk I'm a champion at this sort of thing. Much to my regret in the morning.

Best not to pay too much attention to these things.

(And as to Pigheads request: Sexweasel)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The Gnome wrote:
    Hmmmmm, when I get staggeringly drunk I'm a champion at this sort of thing. Much to my regret in the morning.

Best not to pay too much attention to these things.

(And as to Pigheads request: Sexweasel)

Cheers The Gnome that made Pigheads night.Oh how I chuckled.Happy 100th post buddy!
    Anyway Alessandra,just wondering,what did you text back to him in your reply?
    Pighead has a feeling that the answer to this could be crucial in our quest to find out what his problem is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

In the middle of the night...means I'm really drunk tbh.
    That's when a lot of people just let fly!
    Also it may mean that one of my friends got hold of my phone under said influence and started texting random girls in my phone saying i like and or love them. I know when this haapens because when i awaken in the morning...I have the 'so you've been drinking' or the much more horrible 'we need to talk' texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

oh yes its never good when a friend gets hold of my phone, she's lethel with it..i run outta cred, and get texts the next morning from whoever he may be :o Not Good At All

i am terreible for late night texts, they're worse than late night calls, cos u say all sorts of crap in the texts and wake up the next morning saying..what the hell did i write?? if someone calls me late, i have been known to fall asleep mid conversation :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭ergo

Alessandra wrote:
    My question is though do they mean anything?

Of course they have to mean something,

depending on the context and depending on whether it's a drunken late night 3am text or a sober midweek 23.30 or midnight text, I have gotten both types recently from a girl I do like and am thinking that when, eventually, we are both in the same place at same time and without exam and work hassles something more might happen

but on the other hand, we've all sent late night texts that we infinitely regret in the sober light of day,or should we just go with what our drunken uninhibited subconsciousness is telling us.....?

I remember suspecting that I had sent one to a girl a few years back and kind of cautiously asked "Did I text you last night?"

her reply "No, you didn't"

me *thinking* "thank feck"

further reply "you texted me at 4am this morning though"

D'oh! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Im one for the late night texts...depends who im sending them too...sometimes i do mean them sometimes i dont and its a booty call! So just dont wb to them...they'll feel worse for sending them...Then the next time you see them be like so ur getting good at the late night texts rnt ya! Let it bite them in the asse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I don't send texts late at night unless I'm ****faced. The worst thing about my phone, you can see what you have sent the next morning:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Have been known to send the odd late night text.Now turn off my phone once taxi or other way home from a night out is secured though- texting + drink is not a good combination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

petes wrote:
    The worst thing about my phone, you can see what you have sent the next morning:eek:
    Oh the joys of the "delete all function" If its not there it didnt happen, right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

hey Allessandro, if you are from Dundalk, and he is in Newry , it doesn count for different countries..:D :D :
    If he lives in Oz then he sent the text at 11am and you got it at midnight - his mistake....:o

Thats such a good idea to turn off the fone once en route to the leaba!! I shall be doing that in future...some nights i wont text but the night i do late text i text every buachaill in my fone!! Tragic!! But at least i can laugh at it the next morning!!

give us a laugh, ill give you my number... :D:):p :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Did that last weekend - sent a SERIOUSLY filthy bootie-call text at 3am. What I've done now is deleted the guy's number from my phone and given it to a friend - she's only allowed give it to me in the cold light of day :D

petes wrote:
    I don't send texts late at night unless I'm ****faced. The worst thing about my phone, you can see what you have sent the next morning:eek:
    been there done that
    the cringne factor the next day is not worth it
    i make sure ive no credit going out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Did that for quite some time to one particular fella.
    It DID mean something. I was crazy about him, but would only ever have the guts to say it when I was p!ssed.
    Any other time if I saw him it'd just be, well, how's things, bye....

Yes, I'd wake up the next morning, read my sent items & die!!!

Then, I started getting the odd late night text from him, with the same type of stuff in it.

Quite a while later, we're now in a V happy relationship. If it weren't for last night drunken texts we'd never have known who each other felt!! :)

They're a great way of getting something said that you otherwise wouldn't have the courage to say.

• Advertisement

Ive deleted the ones i text every weekend but i still know them off by heart....its ridiculous really! Ive started not bringing out my fone now....but then when i get home i find the fone! so gonna have to get a new way to avoid the embarrassment! hehe!

even if ive no credit ill head to 24hr shop to buy some :o cant resist the impulse to text people..WHY???!!! the funniest text i got was round 4.30 in the morning, from a guy in my class, (he lives in dub) he said oh i seen a girl who looks like u, and made a show of myself wrecking her head thinknin it was u :D then he said ah are u still mad at me (we'd had an argument over something silly the previous year!!) next day i was like what were u talking bout, he started apologising profusely..at least he wasnt declaring his love for me :o:p

Sarah** wrote:
    Ive deleted the ones i text every weekend but i still know them off by heart....its ridiculous really! Ive started not bringing out my fone now....but then when i get home i find the fone! so gonna have to get a new way to avoid the embarrassment! hehe!
    deleting the numbers does work...but then i didnt memorise the guy's number :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NikNik

Now turn off my phone once taxi or other way home from a night out is secured though

In fairness if you know how to turn your phone off you're pretty much capable of turning it back on again....happens to me all the time. When I get the idea of texting someone and I'm pissed it's like a mission I'll go to great lengths to achieve. Spent a fortune circling the city in a taxi at 4am looking for a 24-hour garage to get credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Really strange reading these posts today cos I got a late night text last night. I didn't actually see it until I turned on my phone this morning at 11. It was actually from a guy who I was meeting for a very short period over a year ago. We're living in different counties and haven't seen each other since. I usually reply to his "late night texts" and then I don't hear back. He just says something along the lines of "Well what's the craic?" or "Well story?". Im determined not to reply to the text he sent me last night. Any ideas on what he wants? I still really like him.

ah he could have been goin thru his phone, seen your name and said, god havent seen her in over a year! prob does still like u, if he texted u after so long! ah go on, reply..u know u wanna...

• Advertisement

@ loopyloo - he wants sex,

It's strange reading these post today...I got a late night text last night. I was meeting this guy for a short period over a year ago, we live in different counties. I haven't seen him in about a year. Every so often he sends me a late night text saying something alonf the lines of "Well what's the craic?" ,then when I would reply I wouldn't hear from him again. We did text last year during the day just a few messages. Anyway I'm determined not to reply to him any ideas on what to do I still really like this guy?

Ya I was thinking he did just want sex but he knows im living in a different county. I just think it's a but strange that he still sends me late night texts but never replies I would think if he did like me he would reply the next day!!???

mary holland, are you loopy loo as well ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mary_holland

Ya sorry had to change details yesterday, I forgot my password.

• Advertisement

Does anybody have any more advice on what I should do about this guy? We do text the odd time when sober but not very often and it's only usually one or two texts at most. I really don't know I guess I'd like to think he still thinks about me but I know it's only when he's drunk so I suppose it doesn't really matter?!!

Leave him well enough alone.
    He fancies or at least thinks 'you'll do' after a night out.
    It's not a particularly flattering situation for you.
    Unless you're into a purely physical thing next time he's in the country & then never hearing form him again, I'd lose his number.

Enjoy the fact that he fancies you but relish in the knowledge that you're doing the rejecting & he'll never know what he's missing!

Committed the mother of all late night texting on friday and i woke up yesterday thinking god im an idiot! so the likelihood(sp) is that he is just hammered on a night out and wanted someone to go home with or phone sex even.....just leave it dont wb.... from next weekend im giving my fone to my mates to bring home with them!! Im getting beyond tragic at this point!!

Don't feel too bad about it, we've all been there.
    Just do youself a favour & take the higher ground on this one & have nothing to beat yourself up about anymore.

Good luck.

Thanks guys I knew it in the back of my head already!!

Advertisement