Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Kilkenny is better than Waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

When you take Hurling out of the question Kilkenny people have nothing else to boast about , in every argument between Kilkenny and Waterford thats all they have to fall back on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Freddie59 wrote:
    a) Kilkenny is a town, not a City.

b) When you'se sloshed, anywhere is great for a night out!:eek:

It is a city, and a good one at that

I'm not from Kilkenny BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

It is a city, and a good one at that

I'm not from Kilkenny BTW

As Graham Norton would say - of course you're not!!!

From wikipedia.org:

Main article: Counties of Ireland

The Republic of Ireland has 26 counties, and these are used in political, cultural and sporting contexts. Dáil constituencies are required by statute to follow county boundaries, as far as possible.

Hence counties with greater populations have multiple constituencies (e.g. Limerick East/West) and some constituencies consist of more than one county (e.g. Sligo-Leitrim), but by and large, the actual county boundaries are not crossed. As local government units, however, some have been restructured, with County Dublin distributed between three new county councils in the 1990s and County Tipperary having been administratively two separate counties since the 1890s, giving a present-day total of 29 administrative counties and five cities.

The five cities — Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, and Waterford — are administered separately from the remainder of their respective counties. Five boroughs — Clonmel, Drogheda, Kilkenny, Sligo and Wexford — have a level of autonomy within the county:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ireland

Read it and weep!;)

PS: also from wikipedia.org:

The "City" of Kilkenny is the only city in the republic which does not have a "city council"; it is still a borough but not a county borough and is administered as part of County Kilkenny. The most recent local government legislation states that Kilkenny may retain the title of "city" for ornamental use only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

What a stupid arguement. There's such little difference between the two places in fairness. Waterford is obviously bigger, but Kilkenny makes up for its lack of size in charm. Both cities have nice places to go out and enjoy one's self. Waterford probably wins on shopping, but I'd say kilkenny has a lower ratio of crap pubs.

Splitting hairs tbh...

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    What a stupid arguement.
    Splitting hairs tbh...

Stupid? Argument? If you read the post, Einstein, you will see that they are direct quotes from www.wikipedia.org. Do you have a problem with quoting the facts?:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Oh, Freddie59, you rapscallion! I wasn't referring to you specifically, moreso this entire thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

I'm from KK but I don't live there. It is a nice place - much nicer than Waterford. I got the crap kicked out of me in Waterford for no reason other than being from Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Take anything from Wikipedia with a pinch of salt.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

finlma wrote:
    I'm from KK but I don't live there. It is a nice place - much nicer than Waterford. I got the crap kicked out of me in Waterford for no reason other than being from Kilkenny.

As I've said before alot of people in/from Waterford have a massive chip of their shoulders when it comes to Kilkenny people and this often leads to fighting depending on the type of people you meet and how much drink they've had, Kilkenny people don't give a monkeys about Waterford people working in Kilkenny or Carlow people working in Kilkenny but for some god unknown reason Waterford dispise Kilkenny people/working in Waterford.

One of the arguments is deeply flawed, that being that Kilkenny people take all the jobs in Waterford, but surely perspective employers will employ who they think is best for the job regardless. :D

Per one of the posts above, I'm sure if you closed off the bridge from Kilkenny/Wexford/Carlow etc people then these people would be pissed but at the same time many of the business's in Waterford would have some serious employee problems and many would even fail to open as the owners would not be able to enter the city ;)

Lets face it, alot of these arguments are utterly retarded but yet muppets continue to use them because they have nothing better to do and they have so much hate for a place that they properly never spent more then a 24hours living in.

You might want to use your "hate" in a more pro-active way such as actually looking after your town and caring about how it looks, every week I see Eircom replacing windows in their phone box's and yet muppets smash them almost the day their replaced....these same people are often the type that don't want people talking bad about their "City" (Waterford) but yet they don't even give a **** about it themselfs.....I won't even get started on trash, spray paint, voilence etc

All alot worse then what happens in Kilkenny imho
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Freddie59 wrote:
    Stupid? Argument? If you read the post, Einstein, you will see that they are direct quotes from www.wikipedia.org. Do you have a problem with quoting the facts?:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

wikipedia = the facts ? ha ha ha

btw can some one not lock this pointless thread and ban the inane waterford/kilkenny crap

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote:
    As I've said before alot of people in/from Waterford have a massive chip of their shoulders when it comes to Kilkenny people and this often leads to fighting depending on the type of people you meet and how much drink they've had, Kilkenny people don't give a monkeys about Waterford people working in Kilkenny or Carlow people working in Kilkenny but for some god unknown reason Waterford dispise Kilkenny people/working in Waterford.

One of the arguments is deeply flawed, that being that Kilkenny people take all the jobs in Waterford, but surely perspective employers will employ who they think is best for the job regardless. :D

Per one of the posts above, I'm sure if you closed off the bridge from Kilkenny/Wexford/Carlow etc people then these people would be pissed but at the same time many of the business's in Waterford would have some serious employee problems and many would even fail to open as the owners would not be able to enter the city ;)

Lets face it, alot of these arguments are utterly retarded but yet muppets continue to use them because they have nothing better to do and they have so much hate for a place that they properly never spent more then a 24hours living in.

You might want to use your "hate" in a more pro-active way such as actually looking after your town and caring about how it looks, every week I see Eircom replacing windows in their phone box's and yet muppets smash them almost the day their replaced....these same people are often the type that don't want people talking bad about their "City" (Waterford) but yet they don't even give a **** about it themselfs.....I won't even get started on trash, spray paint, voilence etc

All alot worse then what happens in Kilkenny imho
    :)

1. This thread was started from someone from someone from Kilkenny - not Waterford. Chip on shoulder?

2. I presume that you don't have vandalism in Kilkenny town.:rolleyes:

3. You mention Carlow and Wexford. Amazingly, NOWHERE on these boards will you see anyone from the above two counties practise the same level of animosity to Waterford as do Kilkenny.

And the feeling is quite mutual!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

The best thing to come out of kilkenny in the past 50years......

Has been the road to waterford.

Kilkenny is the home of hurling & IMO the main reason why Waterford folk continuously bash us would be connected either directly or indirectly to this.

I have gone to waterford games in the past. One game when waterford were playing in dublin and lost but it was not against kilkenny. But on your way home we all know we have to go through KK. Well truth to behold lots and lots of KK people were out and waving there flags as we would drive by or they would beep there car's and jeer at us.

Maybe you think we be bashing KK people for been KK, but i know this is not the case. Most people i talk to like to c other teams win in hurling and find KK Tip and Cork have won it to much. So most people down and im sure in the rest of the country will just shout on the underdogs.

This can't be said for KK people as pointed out above. As waterford have won 3 or 2 ?? i know im 28 and i have not seen waterford in them 28years get there hands on the cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

KK is better than WD only because it is nearer Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Can we please close this retarded thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Why do people from Waterford post on a Kilkenny forum? :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Brian017 wrote:
    Why do people from Waterford post on a Kilkenny forum? :confused:

Guess they have nothing better to do but come to kilkenny and take our 1's and 0's :rolleyes:

sigh....

Someone close this thread

Cabaal wrote:
    Guess they have nothing better to do but come to kilkenny and take our 1's and 0's :rolleyes:

sigh....

Someone close this thread
    Brian017 wrote:
    Why do people from Waterford post on a Kilkenny forum?

Well to be honest with a Thread named "Why Kilkenny is better than Waterford" how could i not help but post.

Agreed close thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis getting boring alright.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement