Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Question

Options
  • 23-11-2005 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been a self employed person for a couple of years where I did a yearly tax return. I am about to become a company director in a different business where I will be paying PAYE. Here's the question, as a self employed person I don't have a P45 or a certificate of tax credits. So what do I do and what do I give to the revenue to keep me nice and legal?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Moved from Consumer Issues,

You will get a better response here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'm not a 100% sure on this but my advice would be to get a tax clearance certificate from the revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

have u ever been employed?if so u should have a p45 from that time,if no a p12 form is to be filled out as a first time employee,if it is ur first,the revenue treat self employed and employees differently even tho u are the same person

Advertisement