Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb dsl2 modem/router question

• 23-11-2005 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭

just ordered the DSL2 package from digiweb there. just wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of modem they send out? i've 2 pcs that i want to connect up to it, will i need to buy a new router, or will the modem provided have 2 ethernet ports so that both PCs can be connected? the blurb on the website says usb/ethernet modem, but doesn't mention anything about the amount of ethernet ports or anything.
    anyone know?

also, can anyone tell me what sort of cable i would need to connect the 2 PCs to the router? I assume digiweb supply some kind of cable with the modem/router they send out?
    something like this cable be ok to connect it to the other PC?
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=302026&cks=PRL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Just get a wireless router, or you have ports on the
    back of the digiweb modem to connect through a
    ethernet wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well yeah, i understood that, hence asking if the cable i linked to would the right type to use.

if i had wanted a wireless setup i wouldn't have bothered posting the thread.

so anyone know how many ethernet ports are on the modem/router they provide?

4, and thats all you had to say no point been smart about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i did, at the start. thanks for the reply.

lol, no bother.

I got one of there modems its a ZyXEL Prestige 600series
    if ya want to google it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement