Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

to read anything into this (another fancy a friend story)

• 23-11-2005 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Friend who I fancy and get the feeling she fancies me but Im too shy-reserved-insecure-bad at readings signs to make a move because that's me. The other day she played a joke on a mutual friend that we were apparently dating/together/whatever... (mutual friend to me: so you and xxx are together. me: what?)

so my simple question is: should I read anything into that or to take it at face value as a joke.

(this sounds like a story from school but no we're all in our 20s)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

If she played a joke about it then it means she has thought about it...

You might as well try and spend a bit more time with her and see where it leads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

just go talk to her, get to know her better.Women can be shy as well you know, they are said to be only human afterall.Seriously though talk to the girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

just ask her does she want to go out for a drink just the two of you and see where it goes from there. you dont need to blurt out that you're madly in love with her or anything. if you dont do it you'll probably be sitting here this time next year wondering what could have been. its seriously not going to ruin a great friendship if there really is one. you never know, you might not even know anything about her in 5 years so just go for it now. good luck and whats the worst that can happen-she isn't interested and things continue on afterwards and all is forgotten soon enough. if she is- you have exactly what you wanted. time to take a risk.
    Sound,
    -Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

blue22 wrote:
    Friend who I fancy and get the feeling she fancies me but Im too shy-reserved-insecure-bad at readings signs to make a move because that's me. The other day she played a joke on a mutual friend that we were apparently dating/together/whatever... (mutual friend to me: so you and xxx are together. me: what?)
    so my simple question is: should I read anything into that or to take it at face value as a joke.
    (this sounds like a story from school but no we're all in our 20s)

There's a few things you can do in this Situation.

1. Just ask her out on a date, but do it in a very casual way, If she laughs then laugh and pretend u we're messing to save face.

2. Be honest, tell how that you think she's Stunning (Girls Love Complements) and that you'd love to be more than good friends, If she declines make sure you stay friends.

3. Go out with her and some mates, You all get really Drunk, Get comfortable back home on the couch, make a move, If She's hot for you she'll be thinkin the same thing, If not, then Blame the Drink and the night that was in it.

And last but not least, you could go trough life and regret not ever doing something about it. There's nothing worse than regrets.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

As said before, approach her in a subtle manner.. In my opinion you have no choice... was in a similar situation very recently with a beautiful girl.. texts every other day, slightly suggestive but playful comments.. i'm bringing her out on sunday.. had to be done cos it was driving me mad not knowing.. Don't be too forward.. just suggest the two of ye meet up for a laugh some evening..and if its going to happen so it will.
    Regards .Frog

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

well the fact she was messing round, saying u and her were together suggests she does like you, she's sort of testing the waters so to speak, u reacted in shock, so she'll probably lay off for a while..u should talk to her bout it, at least u know its kind of reciprocated..its not like these stories other posters post, eg "nothing can ever happen" there's nothing stopiing you's!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You need to talk to her about it. I know it's hard to say something, but if she does like you it's better to have it out in the open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ask her out on a date.
    whats the worse that can happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

There's a few things you can do in this Situation.

1. Just ask her out on a date, but do it in a very casual way, If she laughs then laugh and pretend u we're messing to save face.

2. Be honest, tell how that you think she's Stunning (Girls Love Complements) and that you'd love to be more than good friends, If she declines make sure you stay friends.

3. Go out with her and some mates, You all get really Drunk, Get comfortable back home on the couch, make a move, If She's hot for you she'll be thinkin the same thing, If not, then Blame the Drink and the night that was in it.

And last but not least, you could go trough life and regret not ever doing something about it. There's nothing worse than regrets.

Hope this helps.

Don't apply for a job as an agony aunt. Some of the worst tips ever there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Tosh's advice wasn't that bad at all.

Go for it, go for it, go for it, is my advice. The fact that she pretended you were going out is a strong indicator that she likes you, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

ianmc38 wrote:
    Don't apply for a job as an agony aunt. Some of the worst tips ever there.

Yeah sure... and I suppose thats why I've a stunning girlfriend, I know nothing about women. I tuk my chance, and It paid off....If more men werent afraid to talk to a girl, friends or not, finding a true love might never happy. I'm not saying i've used these tips, but I know mates that have and we'll some of them pay off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

jrey1981 wrote:
    If she played a joke about it then it means she has thought about it...
    This, I don't agree with. I often have that joke going on (has happened a few times with different ppl), in fact I'm currently supposed to be *engaged* to someone. It's a joke, bit of a laugh, CLD mean she has thought bout it, or CLD mean its just a joke... I would NOT go basing any insight into what she thinks on the fact that she claimed you were going out.
    jrey1981 wrote:
    You might as well try and spend a bit more time with her and see where it leads...
    HOWEVER, I do agree with this. In my opinion, I would just disregard any reading into the joke thing, and just play along normally, spend more time together, see what vibes you get etc etc. I know that is easier said than done tho - personally someone needs to hold a sign up in front of me (literally) before I realise they are interested so... Just play it by ear, dont rush anything, and dont read into too much either.. best of luck.

Advertisement