Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pretty Dress! (Bra Needed)

• 24-11-2005 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

What do you think of This dress and what shoes should I wear with it?

Also, does anyone know of any good, not too expensive, strapless bras I could wear with it? I've already gotten a few recommendations and I'm going to do some lingerie-shopping at the weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

oh that is very pretty.
    You could try one of them stick on bra things. I think roches have them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Lovely dress!
    Marks and Spencers do nice strapless bras. If you're not too big on top you might be able to get away with not wearing a bra with it (as long as it's not too see-through!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

id probably go with sandals (with heels) myself, in the bluey greeney colour of the dress (but thatd probably be hard to get a good match colourwise), but if you cant get that then in silver/gold (whichever is on the dress, cant really tell).

Although you might freeze in sandals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

If you're smaller than a C cup go for Gossard, avoid wonderbra and m&S like the plague. If you're bigger than a D go for Fantasie brand. With strapless bras it's hard to get cleavage, unless you go for a teeny tiny back, generally it's the straps (and the tight bakc-ie the combination, but essentially the straps) that give you the uplift if that's what you also want....strange, but if you put ur bra on bending over, you get better uplift, kinda like what they used to do with corsets.

If you're spending a fair amount on a dress you might as well spend a bit on your bra, make the whole package look pretty. Either way, the bra's should be around 30-40 euro, sounds expensive but in the long run it's worth it. And go for skin colour-not sexy at all, but won't show thru white, where as a white bra would (think about it, white knickers, white linen trousers...see 'em straight away...not sexy, same with bra)

Go to Roches, Arnotts, Clearys, and get measured, might be an idea to bring the dress with you as well, to make sure it looks right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Ooooh, pretty dress! I'd wear sandals with it I think. Silver ones would look good if you can't get them in a colour to match the dress. You could wear a regular bra and just switch the straps for clear ones or take off the straps altogether and pin it to the inside of the dress (I had to do that for my debs) instead of a strapless bra if you had to!

And this children, is why you should never leave lingerie shopping until the last possible minute...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭soph

if a strapless is too high up on yor back go for an Eves Bra,
    well worth it. i bought one before the summer, and wear it with most going out tops that are low on the back and low on the front, great buy ! and surprisingly compfortable too. think they do a cheaper version of them in Sacha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

a stick on bra is prob a good idea..the dress is v pretty, v unusal, it'd be tough to get sandals that go well, but if you could get em in that greeny colour, it'd be tops ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭soph

Piste wrote:
    What do you think of This dress and what shoes should I wear with it?

Also, does anyone know of any good, not too expensive, strapless bras I could wear with it? I've already gotten a few recommendations and I'm going to do some lingerie-shopping at the weekend.

hi, just wondering where did u get this dress, it is fab, would b perfect for a friend that is looking for a dress for a wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I saw it in Oasis, I haven't bought it (yet) My plan is to try it on again with the strapless bra I have, (it's a terrible bra though, makes my boobs go a funny shape so I can't wear it with the dress) then see if any of the back of the bra shows when i wear the dress. Then I'm going to buy a strapless bra in Roches or somewhere (taking everyone's advice into account, thanks guys :)) and try it on with the dress. If everythnig looks fine then I'll buy it.

Thanks so much for the shoe advice too, I'm never a good judge of shoes but what ye've all recommended sound like they'd go perfectly ;)

Also: Are those stick-on bras any good? Or does the gloopy stuff just get messy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

First of all - gorgeous dress! Very pretty!!
    I find the Dunnes Strapless bras grand!! They are moulded and hold well, priced around 12 euro i think, they last well through washes too!!
    Not much point going for a very expensive one as your not looking for the plunge bra look - with type of dress it wouldnt be visable anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

gorgeous dress, defo get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Another option is to go for a strapless basque. They can provide a bit more support than a regular strapless and can give a nicer shape. As they come down over the ribs the cup does not need to go as far up the bust so can provide cleavage if that's what you want.

You can also get backless basques if you are worried about the back showing. The aren't technically backless they just have a very low back and fasten at the back of the rib-cage. Something like this, click on "alternative" under the pic to see the back.
    http://www.bravissimo.com/bravissimo/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=PN59&cid=Lingerie_Bodies+%26+Basques&language=en-GB

Try Clerys, Arnotts, Boyers, Roches and BT's.

Advertisement