Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

Here's my question to you, why are you so sarcastic and generally negative?
    Sarcastic perhaps, but negative? Never! You can have no idea how much I enjoy exposing the paddling shallowness of the precious philosophies of puerile poseurs with the pebble-plop of perplexing positions. I only wish I had someone to do the same when I was in your situation.
    I'm also an amateur psychologist ...
    Why doesn't that surprise me.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 feannor

[QUOTE=Is not a lot of our questioning /logic flawed because we are limited to what knowledge we have?. While it is by all means interesting to question such things as the purpose of our existence or where we came from, surely a basic point is that we are limited to what we know. Hence our questioning is flawed...
    e.g. Statement: God created Man.
    Question: Yes, but what was there before God?[/QUOTE]

It is true that the amount of knowledge we have is limited, however it does not logically follow that therefore all questions origionating from limited knowledge are flawed.

The level of knowledge can grow, based on intelligent questions combined with curiousity and insight. On one side in the realm of science, emperical and experimental exploration of the rules of the universe will continue. Discovering new ways to manipulate them to our advantage.
    Philosophy will continue to pose and attempt to answer the more difficult questions, these fall into the gaps left by science. They can only be explored by using reason, and the truths logical and structured thinking can produce.
    As both these fields grow, the complexity of the questions can grow from the accumulated facts known. This is the basic principle behind all learning.

You can use a fishbowl analogy, however why not just be accurate and say a planet, with a thin athmoshere. And we are just little creatures walking the surface. Floating in an assumbed infinite universe. With an experience, an science, an philosophy all based on a experience within our tiny limited planet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement