Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is CE PROTECTION == CE APPROVED

Options
  • 24-11-2005 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

I WAS JUST Wnondering if this is the case gfor armoured jackets
    a guy got one for sale tehree went to see it and it said CE proection
    thanks lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ridertraining

Usually the manufacturer won't use the CE mark unless they have approval. However, the armour may be CE approved but that doesn't mean the garment is. There's some info here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

Usually the manufacturer won't use the CE mark unless they have approval. However, the armour may be CE approved but that doesn't mean the garment is. There's some info here

thanks for tat but is ce approve the same as saying CE pretoected
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

The CE mark is a safety standard that is applied to nearly all eceryday items from kids toys to power tools. The protectiev padding in jackets AFAIK has to be CE apporved to say that it has been tested and met specific safety standards for the designed purpose.

I think the CE protected is just a play on words what it really meens is that the garment contains CE approved armour. My Richa jacket puts it quite plainly "Fitted with CE protective armour"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ridertraining

Kazujo wrote:

I think the CE protected is just a play on words what it really meens is that the garment contains CE approved armour. My Richa jacket puts it quite plainly "Fitted with CE protective armour"

Exactly - very few manufacturers have gone to the trouble of getting the garment itself approved - the link given is to one who has.

Advertisement