Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6680 and the 3 network

• 24-11-2005 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

I would advise anyone buying a nokia 6680 phone; dont its been my worst nightmare since i got it. 3 buttons fell off i havent dropped the phone or caused this to happen in any way. Also every time i take out of my pocket the feckin memory card slot opens so i have to turn off my phone and switch it back on again, as so I can use the memory cards memory. Its the bane of my life since I got it. I would leave it back only I'm too lazy.
    The 3 network I signed up with are good but with a few slight flaws.
    1) Voicemail service is dreadful
    2) I'd have full signal and people cant get through to me this makes them leave a half a second long message.So I get about 15 messages a day on my voicemail which costs money to ring and i cant fix it.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Considering you have a 14 day cooling off period and if your still within that period you can return the phone etc, whats the point in complaining if your too lazy (by your own admission) to get things sorted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

its well after the 14 days but to tell the truth its not that im lazy, i have exams, have to study . Do you think they would take it back

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

well if nthe buttons are falling off they might replace it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Phone 333 from the handset and report a faulty handset.

If you are within 28 days of purchase and within 30 miles of Dublin, Limerick or Cork you can get an exchange, same day, by courier (Provided you report it before 3pm)

If you live outside these Zones you can get a next day courier exchange.

If you are outside 28 days, the handset has 12 month's warranty from Nokia and three will organise a repair for you.

Just Call 333, and they will sort it out for you.

All of this is FREE

Thanks Jam Man your a saviour and welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1 in 7 phones in the world are faulty. you got one of them. that doesn't mean 6680s are dodgy. it means you got a dodgy 6680. 3 will replace it for free and then all will be right. i've had two from them (covered one in absinth) and they've both been perfect (until the first one took a bath of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

and i got them to turn off my voicemail because i don't want to pay 15c a min to listen to 20 people a day hanging up. if someone calls me ill see the missed call and call them back. or they can text me.

if you really want voicemail there's a symbian voicemail program you can get for the phone. the messages are stored directly to the phone's memory.

thanks again that was really helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

sorry to hear about your phone but from what i experienced the 6680 is a very good phone
    you were just unlucky to get a bad one

Advertisement