Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebirth

Options
  • 24-11-2005 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

I was gonna put this in the freeware thread but I was scared it might get overlooked, Rebirth is now freeware!. A classic piece of software that emulates the TB303, TR808 and TR909 synths! Low latency cards or midi keyboards are not neccesary! Everyone who can should try this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Its cool that its free but its kinda obsolete at this stage. Can only really use it for electro tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Berkel

Cool - I used to love that program!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Anima wrote:
    Its cool that its free but its kinda obsolete at this stage.
    I'd havta disagree with you here, its pretty simplistic compared to the likes of Reason 3, and if you have reason theres no point in getting this as reason can do this better, but if you dont have reason this is the best alternative to creating 303,808 or 909 riffs virtually, plus its free. Also computer music magazine still occasionally use this in their stars on your hard-drve section (where they teach youhow to sound like other bands)
    Anima wrote:
    Can only really use it for electro tracks.
    Well for standalone tracks solely created in rebirth you could only really make stuff like techno, ambient, house and maybe hip-hop music, but who's to say you cant mix it up and use a 303 line in rock/metal (Im pretty sure I could dig up an example somewhere). Plus the mods available for it can alter what you can do (apparently theres a 'rock' mod for it, im downloading Rebirth now to try it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well yeah obviously if you have nothing else then its worth looking at but as you said Reason can do most things Rebirth can do better and its also easier.

The 808, 909 and 303 are very popular still in electro music which is why I mentioned it. I'm sure you could use it in other styles but Rebirth really doesn't sound very good so I'd imagine most people would just use it for a bit of fun.

The mods are a good aspect of it alright, theres tons of mods out there. I've used a few and some do sound quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

I'd have to disagree there me old mate. I think Rebirth is still an amazing piece of software. It's a very versitile instrument and it's still being used. Check out the Freestylers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

If you know what you're doing, there's a hell of a lot you can do with two 303s, an 808 and a 909. It's worth downloading it purely for the hell of it - I spent about four hours just messing about in it the other week! Great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i still use rebirth to make basslines and leads, tis a fantastic little proggy :)
    it doesn't offer much scope for creating full tracks (compared to reason, anyway) but i find it indespensible for creating samples for use in other applications.

downloaded this a few days ago, would probably have made this post now if Beecher hadn't gotten there first. good looking out

Advertisement