Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the bike wont start

Options
  • 24-11-2005 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

hi lads
    id say yer fed up of my breakdown threads now at this stage!
    let me refresh your memory to date
    i got an mbk ovetto 3 days ago
    drove it home the seller started it fine
    that night i went for a spin and realised that the electric start switch was continously engaged and the electric start was workin away every chance it got.
    i brought it home and parked it up for the nite
    i then got a friend in the know to to diosconnect the electric start
    a day after realising the e start was at fault i tried to start the bike. it started fine but died after a minute
    i then left it for bout 4 hours and it started fine and i went for a 10 min spin on it
    2 hours later brought the bike out for a 1 hour drive
    this morning it started fine and 2 mins down the road i had to pull in for 5 mins to put on waterproof leggings which required me to take the keys out of ignition to open topbox
    i tried kickstarting the bike then but no luck

wat the hell is wrong withthis bike
    thanks lads
    thanks you for taking the time to read my post too :);)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

synchro wrote:
    hi lads
    id say yer fed up of my breakdown threads now at this stage!
    let me refresh your memory to date
    i got an mbk ovetto 3 days ago
    drove it home the seller started it fine
    that night i went for a spin and realised that the electric start switch was continously engaged and the electric start was workin away every chance it got.
    i brought it home and parked it up for the nite
    i then got a friend in the know to to diosconnect the electric start
    a day after realising the e start was at fault i tried to start the bike. it started fine but died after a minute
    i then left it for bout 4 hours and it started fine and i went for a 10 min spin on it
    2 hours later brought the bike out for a 1 hour drive
    this morning it started fine and 2 mins down the road i had to pull in for 5 mins to put on waterproof leggings which required me to take the keys out of ignition to open topbox
    i tried kickstarting the bike then but no luck

wat the hell is wrong withthis bike
    thanks lads
    thanks you for taking the time to read my post too :);)

Did you get this bike checked by a mechanic before you parted with your money. I made this mistake years ago and I was left with a nice little turkey.

Bring it to a garage and get them to give it the once over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

K-TRIC wrote:
    Did you get this bike checked by a mechanic before you parted with your money. I made this mistake years ago and I was left with a nice little turkey.

Bring it to a garage and get them to give it the once over.

no i haven't
    i think the bike is ok though
    it seems like its the starter motor is at fault and caused the battery to go dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

i had trouble with mine also when i parted money straight up i found out after the guy never taxed the bike at all ! :D could be electric problems m8 get that checked out big time !

• Registered Users Posts: 17 w00kie

Have you tried returning it to the guy you bought it from? If you're having these kind of problems so soon, then I'd be really inclined to give it back and look for a different one.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

• Advertisement
Advertisement