Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Wireless

• 24-11-2005 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Anybody use these or heard anything good or bad about them?

http://www.icecomms.net/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Automan wrote:
    Anybody use these or heard anything good or bad about them?

http://www.icecomms.net/

I'm with them at the moment. Was fine until 4 weeks ago when it all went to pot and they don't seem to be able to resolve the problems I'm having. I used to recommend them but I won't any more. I've now ordered Metro and can't wait for it to be installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Mine was fine til a couple of weeks ago.
    Getting major packet loss now.
    Though pings are great its impossible to play games or do VOIP with the packet loss.
    At this stage they've taken too long to fix it.

By the way what an average packet loss for people? I'm getting between 5% and 15%

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Cheers lads, living in D15 Tyrrelstown so only options are Phone line or ice wireless. I had a Tech out from Digiweb for Metro and can’t get a good enough signal for that and NTL broadband is not available as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

An average packet loss would be 0.05% to 0.1% JimmySmith, from what I've read around the internet.
    Any packet loss over 1% is totally unacceptable really, it's a sign of a crap, overloaded network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

An average packet loss would be 0.05% to 0.1% JimmySmith, from what I've read around the internet.
    Any packet loss over 1% is totally unacceptable really, it's a sign of a crap, overloaded network.

Thanks, But now your making me cry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement