Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know this game?

Options
  • 24-11-2005 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Years ago, I found a game in an arcade as was addicted to it instantly. I would've been about 12 and would pump about £10 into it at a time.

Basically it was a top down shooter, where you were in a car kitted out with guns that were upgraded as you went along. It sounds like any old shooter, but what made this different was that you could get out of your car and your little man ran around jumping and rolling about before getting back in.

I know it's a pretty lame description and it was before consoles, so I doubt it was ever ported to anything from the arcade machine. But still does it fing a bell with anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I know that one.
    Something like "Road Wars" ?

It was also a line of toys and I think they even had a cartoon.
    You could upgrade the cars and put goods like roof racks on.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Not spyhunter, by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Yes, i think its Spyhunter too. I think its one one of those arcade game discs for xbox...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Thought it might be spyhunter but don't think you could get out of the car. Fond memories of that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Road Blasters?
    http://emustatus.rainemu.com/games/roadb.htm
    I loved that game

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

TmB, you are a god!!! That's the one. Thank you so much. And thanks to everyone else for helping.

Ooh, I'm all happy now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

hmmmm dont remember that one at all. looks cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

jomanji wrote:
    TmB, you are a god!!! That's the one. Thank you so much. And thanks to everyone else for helping.

Ooh, I'm all happy now :)
    When I lived in Dublin, my flatmate was totally addicted to that game, so I recognised it straight away from your description.

It is fully supported in MAME too, so with a visit to www.mame.net and a bit of googling, you could be playing it this evening! :)

Advertisement