Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2: Special Force (Expansion Pack)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

€21 is €9 more than I paid for it!

nice find koneko :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

£9.99 paid for mine in play.com , after a £5 off voucher from daily mirror last week. Just got the voucher the day b4 it was posted.So hadda cancel & re order :p But £5 less off card :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ponster wrote:
    €21 is €9 more than I paied for it!

nice find koneko :)

More, or did you mean less? :)

Jesus...I'm all over the place today :=)

Yeah. I preordered with EA Downloader for €30

9:30:24

9:30:23

9:30:22

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

How long is the wait on delivery from play or cd wow.Cd wow tend to be longer going by my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

unsually cheap for an add-on for EA, normally they try to screw everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Game intro is so sweet !!

just trying to find a server now. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Any first impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

.. I cant get on to play .. Gaming with 3 friends and trying to figure out a way to only DL the game once (like a patch) and share it but when we do we have key issues when we all try and enter the same game .. If anyone has a fix to this it would be great to hear it. We all have legit copies just want to save bandwidth and play asap :))
    Sorry to turn this in to a tech query, desperate for help :))

Game looks sweet tho :)) flashbangs are fun .. jetskis are really fast !
    Thats all i got :)

Hope you all enjoy

When you download it you also download a cd_key that's specific to that download. So you all have the same cd_key which explains why you can't all play on the same server.

You can't download it once and share it around like a patch.

• Advertisement

kinkstr wrote:
    Any first impressions?

It's what, IMHO, BF2 ghould have been from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I dont have SF and really dont intent to at the mo.
    What disadvantage am I going to be if people have SF on my maps?
    Any "super-weapons" I'm going to get slaughtered by or something to look out for?

Here's a good review :

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42814

Whiskeyman, The F2000 is probably the best of the unlocks but remember that they are just new weapons and not better weapons as such. It'll be the flashbangs that make the biggest difference I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

im not going to bother buy it, i just downloaded the patch and killed some mec guy and stole his weapon, wasnt impressed, though the flashbangs are nice

magick wrote:
    impressed, though the flashbangs are nice
    And really making it impossible for anyone without the pack!! :mad:
    I was in a tank and the screen just went all white.... I'd no idea what the heck was going on.
    Around 5 seconds later I could see and realised it must have been a flashbang... but I was in a tank FFS!!! :mad:
    Any servers about that play without SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

And really making it impossible for anyone without the pack!!
    I was in a tank and the screen just went all white.... I'd no idea what the heck was going on.
    Around 5 seconds later I could see and realised it must have been a flashbang...

maybe u have a crap graphics card?! hehe just kidding :D

but yeah i understand where ur coming from , inside a tank is a little strange for a flashbang to take effect, but i think ppl without the pack will not have too much fuss, their isnt any all powerful weapon on the pack that dominates the game.

whiskeyman, less than half of the official ranked EA servers are going SF I believe, so no problems sticking to BF:2 v1.12

Ponster wrote:
    whiskeyman, less than half of the official ranked EA servers are going SF I believe, so no problems sticking to BF:2 v1.12
    nice one :)
    thanks for that.
    I'd rather play with other who dont have it, or play with other who all have it (if I get it).

From TotalBF2 and I have yet to test it :

Find a friend who has SF and get them to log onto the account server using your nick and password, and then have them load a map. After that, have them go into BFHQ and unlock the new weapons for you.

The next time you play BF2, you'll have access to all the unlocks without having to pay for or install SF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Just got it today, no servers up at all with the expansion pack, what gives? Just playing some single player missions, but it's as laggy as hell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Just got it today, no servers up at all with the expansion pack, what gives? Just playing some single player missions, but it's as laggy as hell.

There were a good few servers (> 10) on wednesday night. I don;t tick the Same Version Only box though as it never works for me.

SF servers are in green 2, BF2 servers are in red 2. Check out the Mulitplay.co.uk homepage for a list of decent ping UK servers. They have quite a few listed including 64 player (lots of 64 player actually).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just to let ye know the TiG 20 man server is currently running SF.

82.195.136.136:16568

Cheers folks, I will try the TIG server and see what happens. I will log onto that sit also and see what other servers are available. :)

Captain Trips, there are about 600 Sf servers out there. What filters are you using?

Or just use ASE to save you the trouble.

First of all, what the hell is ASE?

Secondly, I used the normal filters i used with the origional BF2, I got nothing. Then I turned off all filters and I still got nothing, well a sh!tload of red ones... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

You have to repatch to 1.12 btw.

Mirror

ASE = All Seeing Eye. Taken over by Yahoo sometime last year unfortunatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

You have to repatch to 1.12 btw.

typical ea , bring out a game you can't play out of the box,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Speaking of out of box, i went around limk today trying to buy it and according to game they only got in 5 copies, both gamestops got 2 copies each, WTF!!!!, so i'm currently downloading which pisses me off because if i'd known about the shortage i'd have predownloaded last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

I got mine in extravision

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Yup theres limted stock everywhere got mine yesterday had to look everywhere for it!!

Advertisement