Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2: Special Force (Expansion Pack)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Had it dl'ed by 10.30, played a few games well impressed so far, a bit overwhlemed at times. Kept being put to the mec side, that F2000 or whatever its name is a savage gun, got killed by so many times, stole one once and its really nice. RPG is good, but after using it i realise how cool the guided rockets are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Had it dl'ed by 10.30, played a few games well impressed so far, a bit overwhlemed at times. Kept being put to the mec side, that F2000 or whatever its name is a savage gun, got killed by so many times, stole one once and its really nice. RPG is good, but after using it i realise how cool the guided rockets are.

anyone got any good screeenshots to post up? undecided if I wannna get it !

Ropes handy, can get up on building bridges you were never able to reach before.
    rope2cw.jpg

Nightvisions cool
    nightv5nl.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

ASE = All Seeing Eye

IMHO once you use it once you'll wonder how people could ever continue to use the internal browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Sorry I used ASE before and I thought it was crap...

This is the very bugged. Do EA do this on purpose or something?

Good weapons though, not liking the removing of the m203 on the assault... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Lack of a n00bt00b ftw!

I'm sure that means something to someone but what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

not liking the removing of the m203 on the assault...

Lack of a n00bt00b ftw!

Translation

The removal of the grenade launcher that new players may use to annoy older players is a good thing for the future of the game and i such wholeheartdley agree with this choice.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Translation

The removal of the grenade launcher that new players may use to annoy older players is a good thing for the future of the game and i such wholeheartdley agree with this choice.

kdjac

Used it for the 1st time on saturday got to say i liked it, racked up about 30 kills with it on one map.

As for All seeing eye, i have'nt been able to get it work since EA started doing that stupid announcement thing. It's good for getting IP's at the mo, thats about it.

Another plus, the SF unlocks can be used in BF2, very handy but also very sneaky by EA.

ASE works fine wince the 1.03 patch, you just have to modify the filters.txt yourself. I'll post up the mods if anyone is interested (but it doesn't seem to be the case which is IMHO weird).

Iamxavier I don't see how a browser filter that's faster than BF2 and allows yo to sort by country, ping, maptype, player numbers and finds your friends online could be crap? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Ponster wrote:
    ASE works fine wince the 1.03 patch, you just have to modify the filters.txt yourself. I'll post up the mods if anyone is interested (but it doesn't seem to be the case which is IMHO weird).

I'm interested , I'm interested .
    Ponster wrote:
    Iamxavier I don't see how a browser filter that's faster than BF2 and allows yo to sort by country, ping, maptype, player numbers and finds your friends online could be crap? :)

To borrow a quote From Kdjac , Imho ASE ftw tbh

Being using it for about 3 years now and it's always one of the first programs that I install after a format .

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Any good server running this? downloaded full pre-install yesterday(transfer from laptop didnt work:mad: ) and ready to play today after work....everyone just joining random servers or any good ones???

If you take a little time it's really, really easy to figure out actually. And that way you never have to ask anyone for ASE help again Smile

Open ASE and look at the window in the bottom right. It'll show you all the server info on which the filters are based. You'll notice that the server versions of SF and BF2 1.12 are no longer the same as 1.03

Edit your filters.txt, change the BF2 filter to look like this (don't enter username & password): The onely line that you actually have to modify is the JoinTemplate line.
    Battlefield 2
    ServerType: GS
    RegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\INSTALLDIR
    ExeName: BF2.EXE
    JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH} +joinServer {ip} +port {port} [ +username "{NAME}"][ +playerpassword "{PASSWORD}"] [ +password "{PASSWORD}"]
    HostTemplate: {EXEPATH} +restart 1 +hostServer 1
    Port: 29900
    HostPort: 16567
    Mutex: SV
    Flags: LAUNCHER
    WindowName: DIEmWin
    1 if servertype != "GS" remove
    2 if gamename ~!= "battlefield2" remove

Now gamever= 1.1.2554-356.0 so we can add this to the filters.txt file along with the other version types already present (1 & 1.1 & 1.2 & 1.03)

Battlefield 2\Version\1.12
    Group: BF2VER
    Mutex: BF2VER
    1 if gamever != "1.1.2554-356.0" remove

The difference between normal BF:2 and SF servers is found in the variable gamevariant. It can be either equal to 'bf2' meaning a classic game or 'xpack' meaning a SF server.

So find the correct section of filters.txt that deals with BF2 mods (that's what SF is classed as for ASE) and add this :
    Battlefield 2\Mods\Special Forces
    JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH} +restart 1 +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1 +joinServer {ip} +port {port} [ +password "{PASSWORD}"]
    Group: BF2MODS
    Mutex: BF2MODS
    1 if gamevariant ~!= "xpack" remove

Add the following to the end of the command line (Press F2\Games\Battlefield 2) so it looks something like this:
    "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.EXE" +username [TAG]username +playerPassword xxxxxxxxxxx

:rolleyes: Whatever that means...

WEll I just found that the ASE didn't exactly do it for me and it was faster/easier to go into the game itself...

I loved the M203, never used it close combat but I got extremely skillful with it. I think that part of the patch is a load of bullsh!t...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

:rolleyes: Whatever that means...

WEll I just found that the ASE didn't exactly do it for me and it was faster/easier to go into the game itself...

I loved the M203, never used it close combat but I got extremely skillful with it. I think that part of the patch is a load of bullsh!t...

He was just helping you to find a better and more useful tool to use for online games, EA changed it so ASE doesnt work right away. But if you think the in game browser is better well ummm k then.....

kdjac

Personally I use BF2 Autoloader as it's free and supported by BF2 players (though often it's slower than ASE to retrive the master list. The nice thing is that it connects to the server only when there's a free slot and if not will wait until there is one :)

Advertisement