Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Forces Preload

Options
  • 24-11-2005 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi

Was wondering if anyone is having problem with the pre-load....purchased direct off EA yesterday for the 29.99 and went home....started the download and looked to be flying....went out to college...came back 4 hours later and was still sitting where I had left it....thought it could be a connection problem so rebooted system....started again to pre-load and again flying...left it for an hour and came back and the same thing...was still stuck and not downloading....paused and tried to restart.....wouldnt restart then....so I said f**k it and switched off PC....will try later on today

Anyone else has this problem?? and people complained about Steam....at least it worked(well for me anyway:D )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Lots of people complaining on the planetbattlefield forums...
    My pre-load is waiting in Game for me to pick it up :D:D ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

The Bad: Huge, showstopping bugs can prevent you from even playing the game; performance drops if there's too much action on the screen; resource hog and longer loading times than battlefield 2; ea's new digital distribution service has issues.

Got this from GameStop......seems like its a pile of s**t....damn it why didnt I wait and buy from CDwow!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I went the preload way too and it all went fine for me, I thought the whole thing was pretty good.

If you live around Galway area let me know and ill burn it all to disk for you, save you DLing it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Just pulled this off the web site might be of interest

EA Downloader/Special Forces Error
    10:23pm | Tue 22 Nov | 20 Comments
    EA posted a short community update to let us know they're working on the installation errors some people are experiencing when running Special Forces.
    We have discovered (as some of you have) an installation problem with a limited number of EA gamers who downloaded Battlefield 2: Special Forces through EA's Downloader. If your account is affected, you will see the following error when you try to install the expansion pack:

“BF2CDKeyCheck.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
    We apologize for this problem and are working quickly to resolve it. We will contact the gamers affected by this issue via email later today with a solution.

Solution

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=eadownloader&ncc=1

EA Downloader Fix

EA's Customer Service has been hard at work and have come up with a fix for the EA Downloader install problem for Battlefield 2: Special Forces. To obtain the fix (at least for those of you who didn't get an email from EA last night) visit the EA Customer Support web site and click on the "Ask a Question" tab.

Fill out the noted areas and click on "Submit Question". Our Customer Support department has put this issue on high-priority and should turn your email around quickly in order to get your game installed for the Holiday weekend. You can also call Customer Support directly and have them help you in real-time over the phone.

Cheers man! will try this when I get to home PC!! actually mite try and download on work PC and bring home.....does it just save the game into a folder that I could then transfer over? like you can do with the Steam folder???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

/Program Files/Electronic Arts/EA Downloader/

Ponster wrote:
    /Program Files/Electronic Arts/EA Downloader/

Cheers downloading in work now.....God it is so f**king slow!! serious network in here and download speeds are usually great!! up to 6 hrs now to down it:mad:

Still over an hour left on download!! it aint fast is one thing!!

Advertisement