Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And their off: Pompey sack Perrin

• 24-11-2005 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

Portsmouth have sacked manager Alain Perrin after a poor run of results.

Chairman Milan Mandaric has taken the decision to dispense with the services of the 49-year-old Frenchman, who was only given the job in April, and has installed coach Joe Jordan as caretaker manager until a permanent successor is found.

Mandaric said: “This has not been an easy conclusion to reach.

“Alain Perrin is a talented coach and a good, honest man who has worked extremely hard since his arrival in the summer. We are all extremely grateful to him for his dedication to the club. The view taken, however, is that recent performances and the general morale amongst the squad needed improvement.

“Following a period of thought and consultation with the board, the players, staff and supporters, I have made this decision for the future of Portsmouth Football Club.”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

No surprises there really, though i would have thought he would have had a better excuse to wiled the axe after the impending drubbing handed out by Chelsea to them this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Keano as player manager.......has already been offered player coach!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

cant say im surprised he's gone and i can see keano being offered a player manager role but will he take it?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Big Nelly wrote:
    Keano as player manager.......has already been offered player coach!!

Would'nt think he'd want to start his management career with a relegation. They look unsaveable at the min.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I tipped Pompey, Sunderland and Fulham for the drop at the start of the season. Fulham may stay up but Sunderland and Pompey are definitely going down IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The only surprise is that it took more than 3 months to get a sacking. I wonder how long O'Leary has. Villa are proberly the main underachievers in the league so far (is the buy-out still on?).

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    The only surprise is that it took more than 3 months to get a sacking. I wonder how long O'Leary has. Villa are proberly the main underachievers in the league so far (is the buy-out still on?).

Mike.

I think he'll be given a while yet. Phillips and Baros have had injuries and I think Villa will string a few results together now that both are back. Baros looked very good last weekend, even if it was only against Sunderland.

I'd see Birmingham as the main underachievers in the league. Steve Bruce has had plenty of money to spend but the squad aren't performing, especially the strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

No shock there really, it was just a question of time...he must be relieved that he won't have anything to do with the Chelsea game at the weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Neil Warnock is being touted as Pompeys prefered new manager, do you think he'd leave the Blades for a club with such an idiosyncratic chairman when his current side look solid to get promotion this season (though they've been there before)?.

Mike.

They've already had an approach for Iain Dowie turned down. IMO any manager would be crazy to touch that job with Manadaric's doing little more than sticking his nose in here, there and everywhere when it comes to team affairs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

mike65 wrote:
    Neil Warnock is being touted as Pompeys prefered new manager, do you think he'd leave the Blades for a club with such an idiosyncratic chairman when his current side look solid to get promotion this season (though they've been there before)?.

Mike.

In one word: No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

It's not a job too many managers would want at the minute.
    Who wants to be the manager who doesn't even get a season to see how his players settle?
    That job is a poison chalice at the minute. Mandaric thinks he owns Real Madrid or something, It's not like they have the best squad in the premiership.

As Harry Redknapp said before he got sacked (for saying this imo)
    "we are only a mid table team and will always be a mid table team"
    Mandaric hasn't put the resources into the team or left a manager in charge long enough to "wheel and deal" ala Sam Allerdyce to make it a european club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Advertisement