Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Frames

• 24-11-2005 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

i can't wait for the Frames in the music factory next month. neither can Glen hansard if the sunday business post is to be believed as he is already mentioning carlow on there european tour.
    From: http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/wholestory.aspx-qqqt=LAST%20POST-qqqs=agenda-qqqsectionid=3-qqqc=10.7.0.0-qqqn=1-qqqx=1.asp
    NEVER-CHANGING PADDIES

Glen Hansard, the charismatic front-man of the Frames, may have cost his band a few fans after a gig in Brussels last Tuesday.

Just days after filling The Point in Dublin at €30 a head, the group played to a few hundred people in the Ancienne Belgique venue for €16 a pop.

Inevitably, the crowd included some (inevitably) drunk Irish people. Hansard, who played Outspan in the film The Commitments, has a reputation for story-telling and interacting with the audience, but he was in no mood for banter.

When the noisy Irish started demanding attention, he was less than impressed. “It's good to be back in Brussels,” he said, “even if it feels like Carlow. Hopefully, they'll get drunk and f*** off.”

The bould Irish were undeterred, even clapping and singing during what should have been a quiet moment.

That drew a two-fingered gesture from Hansard.

“What are you doing?” he demanded, frustrated, stomping to the back of the stage.

By the end of the night, Hansard felt obliged to apologise for the Irish, drawing applause from the natives present.

Bass player Joe Doyle added his explanation for the behaviour of the Paddies: “I remember the first time I had an alcoholic beverage too,” he said.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Fuking d!ck...

I still liek the frames, but what an arse to say that about your fans. They probably traveled to see them and they get the 2 fingers? Fuk that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

what do expect from the man behind channel 4's "Bo Selecta"?

031219_avid_merrion_1.jpg

It ish da lovely davina!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The_B_Man wrote:
    what do expect from the man behind channel 4's "Bo Selecta"?

seriously??

no it was a joke. i was sayin he looks like avid merrion.

ah ok!!! mods please delete this thread now!

• Advertisement

no keep it and we turn it into a picture thread for the frames and bo selecta.

or we cud just discuss the frames gig in here. ye that makes more sense.

Tossers... :rolleyes:

Well I think that the frames are just great. what about you ted?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They were good in the point a few weeks ago.
    There were loads of familiar Carlow IT faces there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maccor

“It's good to be back in Brussels,” he said, “even if it feels like Carlow."

- thats being bitchy isnt it? He likes being back in brussels, even though it feels like carlow (ie being surrounded by drunken loutish Irish people). He's not saying nice things about carlow there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Carlow's a hole in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maccor

face it, most small towns in ireland are holes, as is most of the cities. the south of ireland isnt very, shall we say, modern. not compared to tyrone where the all ireland champions live :eek:

i disagree. carlow is the fastest growing town in ireland. some big name shops are moving in. and people really want to live here at the moment. its a property hotspot now.

I moved down here from dublin, it's a great spot. Dublinis a sh!thole, but everyone know that though. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I don't think they actually want to live there I think
    it is to do with the fact Dublin is just too expensive to buy a house in:)and rent is really cheap in Carlow too.
    Alot of people make the commute everyday.
    All the new shops are great,there is alot more there then there was 5 years ago
    ,also more jobs for the natives.
    If I had the choice and didn't work in Dublin I wouldn;t have left,it maybe a hole but it is nowhere as bad as Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

In fairness to Mr. Glen Hansard you'd be pretty pissed of if you were playin a gig for €16 for people who were drunk and creating alot of noise which would be very evident in a venue with a few hundred people in the Ancienne Belgique (where the hell is that), i mean he's trying to entertain is he not? I have alot of respect for Mr. Glen Hansard and im gona give him the benifit of the doubt on this one.

Cant wait for them to play carlow, any idea how to book tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Damn it i was in ticket master today and apparently tickets for the frames in the music factory are sold out, DOH :evil: Does anyone know where i might get a ticket?

Sure you'll hear them from the street... i'm sure you'll get in if you really want to... At the moment I have feck all money and couldn't give a toss about them...

Advertisement