Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuttering Problems

Options
  • 24-11-2005 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

I've a fairly good system - Pentium 4, 3.4GHz, 1 GIG RAM with a 9800XT 256mb graphics card and my pc can run every game from FEAR to farcry & half life 2 perfectly but stutters A LOT in Call of Duty 2. I have not tried using the DirectX7 drivers yet because I wanted the graphics to look good their sweet best! I have only been messing around for ten minutes or so with it but it is fairly unplayable the way it is now! Should I just switch to Directx7 or is there some tweak for directx 9 to sort my system out?

I heard something about the game being geared towards multi gpu as opposed to singular gpu's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Hi Jones,

Try this and see if it helps: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59144#

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Thanks buddy i'll have a look at it now

i presum these tweaks can be used on ATI cards aswell?? i'll have to have a good aul tinker with it tonight! where do you input these changes i.e. r_gpusync to 0 is it in the in-game console? or some .ini file?

jones wrote:
    i presum these tweaks can be used on ATI cards aswell?? i'll have to have a good aul tinker with it tonight! where do you input these changes i.e. r_gpusync to 0 is it in the in-game console? or some .ini file?

I think you're better off making these changes directly in your cfg...

Pardon my ignorance but whats the cfg??

• Advertisement

Sorry Jones, what I call "cfg" is your Config. file located in the Main CoD folder. You can open this file with Notepad and modify all the values manually (i.e. r_picmip = 2; r_picmips = 0; etc). Hope this helps

ah cheers yeah i get you now! i couldnt find the config file last night although i looked for about 30 seconds...i'll give it a shot tonight

I'll give you the exact path and name of the cfg this evening when I get home Jones ;)

Nice one for the help! i'll ahve a propper go at it tonight didnt have time last night dying to get into the game!!!

Here's the exact path to your cfg file (if you haven't changed the standard installation path):

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\players\[player_name]\config_mp.cfg

Rename the file "config_mp.txt" or "config_mp.doc" if you have word and knock yourself out! ;)

• Advertisement

i did all that and i got a minor increase in FPS but oddly enough when i set it to direct x7 and then back to direct X9 its running a lot better!! practically no lag YAY!!

thanks for all the help anyway

Glad to hear you found a way to make it better! :)

Advertisement