Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Y'arr there be more pirates

Options
  • 24-11-2005 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

pirateship.jpg

for those enlighted souls who play battlefield pirates you'll be glad to know that 1.0 final has been released.

info-link-a-tron

Both the pirate servers have been updated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Damn sold my copy of 1942 when DoD:Source was released:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Oh noes!

Tbh, I still can't believe that server was more popular than any other BF IOL server. sigh. I miss Cavan Combat and Viet-Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

On the subject of mods for BF, BF2 in particular, I would advise you to be very wary of installing the current mods available such as -

Project Reality
    Battlefield Nights

There is another one I installed but I cant remember it.

My pc is is bigtime stable, never had any major problems with it until I installed these mods. Ended up having to do a repair xp installation the other night and Im convinced it was down to these mods.

So, caveat emptor, they may banjax your pc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Keyzer wrote:
    So, caveat emptor, they may banjax your pc....

Well a couple of days after I installed BF2 Windows crashed on my PC.....reloaded and installed BF2 again....a day later hard drive crash....tried a low level format...after 10-15secs it popped up and told me more or less the disk was f**ked....had to replace......

Not that it was EA's fault or anything:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

sigh. I miss Cavan Combat and Viet-Navan.

ahh them were the good old days jim.i should be playing again shortly once my new pc comes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

sigh. I miss Cavan Combat and Viet-Navan.
    Word. Bestest. Servers. EVER!

IMO, everyone should be made play DC for 3 months before being let anywhere near BF2. It changed my life, taught me how to run for cover in real life tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

dregin wrote:
    Word. Bestest. Servers. EVER!

IMO, everyone should be made play DC for 3 months before being let anywhere near BF2. It changed my life, taught me how to run for cover in real life tbh....

So you have tank shells and bullets whizzing past your head some days of the week ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Pyr0 wrote:
    So you have tank shells and bullets whizzing past your head some days of the week ? ;)

Maye be he is talking about outside your average Irish chipper late on weekend nights!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Vanilla Bf42 best online fps ever. Then they added pirates YARR!!!!!!!!!

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. Decided to get this (still have BF42 installed).

Getting it off ftp://ftp.games.skynet.be/pub/www.filesnetwork.com/Battlefield_1942/Mods/Total_Conversions/bfpirates_final_fp.exe @ 644KB/sec

• Advertisement
Advertisement