Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanners...

Options
  • 24-11-2005 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hello all,

I would like to get my bro a scanner as a present, although I know SFA about them. He mainly wants to listen in on air and marine traffic and whatever else.
    Can anyone advise me on what to get, spec etc. and what to avoid. Any rough idea on prices and where is the best place to purchase one?
    Thank You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Aaliyah

Hi all,
    We have a Uniden UBC785XLT scanner and are not sure how to programme in the frequencies on it. Also, what do Banks, Bands, Tags, and Channels mean and what are the difference between them?
    Aaliyah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 slam2theground

Know of a crowd www.audioaddict.ie they do a basic range of scanners.. cheaper then cqcomms:P got a cb and works perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 slam2theground

Aaliyah wrote: »
    Hi all,
    We have a Uniden UBC785XLT scanner and are not sure how to programme in the frequencies on it. Also, what do Banks, Bands, Tags, and Channels mean and what are the difference between them?
    Aaliyah

hi mate,

I might have the software still on my old pc, its alot easier to program that scanner, i used to have one myself. pm me if your interested

Advertisement