Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermarkets in Kilkenny/ which do you shop in?

• 24-11-2005 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

People can I ask you which supermarkets do you shop in and why?
    In the area of Kilkenny City. In terms of large supermarkets such as
    Superquinn, Dunne's stores, Spar, EuroSpar, Lidl's etc.
    I am interested in the shopping habits of customers as I work in a supermarket also. Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Dunnes stores cos its cheaper than Supervalu and Superquinn but has a better range than Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Dunnes, cos it's cheap, Superquinn for the quality, and Eurospar when it's convenient. But Tesco in Carlow gets the 5 stars for all of the above.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Apparently Kilkenny's the only county without a Tesco...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Good, keep it that way.

There's already too many supermarkets in the city ;)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Klax

Superquinn cause even though they're more expensive their better standard! Like in fairness you can't beat superquinn coleslaw, oh or their cornbread oh or their apple tarts or......ok i'm gonna shut up now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭englander

Dunnes usually, but supervalu is closer (but shouldn't really go there).

Supervalu fruit department is worth a laugh. Rotten, manky fruit and veg. I picked up an orange at the weekend - my finger went into it, as it was mouldy. Nice.

Recently saw a fruit and veg man in Supervalu stocking the apples. He dropped about 5 apples on the floor (bounced all over) - then gathered them up and just fecked them up onto the top of the pile !

Also, get over charged for so much stuff at Supervalu - ALWAYS check your receipt, there is a very high probability of being overcharged.

Will usually go to Dunnes or Superquinn for fruit and veg.

dawballz wrote:
    Apparently Kilkenny's the only county without a Tesco...

wont be for much longer apparently they are opening in callan

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

I'm in college in a town where there is only a tesco and i can tell you i really miss the quality produce meat one gets in Superquinn. Superquinn is where i generally go to shop whe i'm back home or Super Valu when i'm stuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Superquinn for me. I like the quality of the bread and their deli. It is a little expensive for some items so i tend to do a "big shop" in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

tesco online - they deliver from carlow for €7 - really handy - esp if you're busy

• Advertisement
Advertisement