Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Subtitles on DivX

• 24-11-2005 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

I've got a film on DivX (Gojira, the original, anti-war version of Godzilla in Japanese) which is supposed to have subtitles, but I can't see the subtitles on VLC and it won't play on any other program. I've tried Windows Media Player and QuickTime and they refuse to recognise the file.

Is there any other program I could try?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Are you sure there is a text/XML file with the subtitles in it somewhere in the directory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

There wasn't, but I downloaded one. But how do I get VLC to recognise it as part of the movie?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

You'll need the same one that comes with the original divx file. There are time (minute/second) references in the files which relate to how much of the film is gone. Some divx files will be different to others - so if the film is 57mins 14 secs in, you'll need a sub file with the correct references.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

No, the subtitle file I downloaded was just a .txt file. The divx file was supposed to have subtitles included, but gives me an error message:

main: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `DXSB'.
    VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

I've tried clicking "load subtitles file" but then when I click "Play" it just brings me back to the Open File (browse) dialogue.

Advertisement