Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldridge new fav for ROI job!

• 24-11-2005 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭

Buckets on money has piled on Aldo this morning.
    He's now favourite for the job (5th one so far!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Please no!!

What has aldo ever done as a manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

mchurl wrote:
    Please no!!

What has aldo ever done as a manager?

people forget quickly

Done loads to be honest....kept Tranmere in the First Division for many a season without a penny to spend even thou they sold alot of players...e.g. McAteer.....also got them to a cup final and a couple of semi finals beating PL teams on the way to them....while still not getting any money to spend.....ended up going in the end because the club had stripped every asset and they where going down

Was funny to read the Director coming out last week complaining that the manager WASN'T spending any money!! Directors are a joke!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd say the FAI have approached him alright, as part of their headhunt.... this latest flurry of bets is probably due to a leak that contact has been made.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I beginning to take these betting frenzys with a pinch of salt. This is the 5th favourite so far and nothing has come from the other 4. The bookies must be laughing at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Kingp35 wrote:
    I beginning to take these betting frenzys with a pinch of salt. This is the 5th favourite so far and nothing has come from the other 4. The bookies must be laughing at this stage

You're dead right there, I fell for the Venables 'plunge' myself. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Y'know, having recently watched that video of Aldo going ballistic at WC '94 - I think we could probably do a lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

he wouldnt be my choice but i have felt all along that he could be the one to get it. he was certainly looking for it when mick mac got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i put a 5er on him before kerr was gone, come on aldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think Ireland need a manager with expreience. We'd missed out on World Cup '98 and Euro 2000 before McCarthy got his act together for World Cup 2002.

Advertisement