Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about eircom broadband

• 24-11-2005 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

hi our eircom phone line was cut off earlier today and obviously i cant ring people but broadband is still working so will this be cut off later today or do we continue paying this seperately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

When the phone line is cut off so should the broadband, did it get cut off for lack of payment or did you ring up to cancel it

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

for lack of payment lol weird since the phone went off this morin and broadband is still on someone must know whats up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

shhh, pay it .

meh dont wanna getting broadband off some one else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Man just say nothing n see how long you can get FREE broadband
    thats what id do anywayz..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

You can still call the eircom number 1901 (or something) from the phone to pay your bill :)

i think ill take the advice of many and run with the free broband while i can bye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Slightly related....

I'm moving out of my house at the end of Janaury. I was in touch with eircom so I know I only need to give 48 hours notice to cancel the phoneline but what I couldn't get a clear answer on was how much notice I have to give to cancel broadband ( i'm already outside the minimum period ).

Anyone got any idea before I have to ring them and wait on hold for ages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's one month notice for broadband cancelation.

As for Mr. Noobie, I had BB in my last place and I canceled the phoneline before leaving. I tried the phone in the morning I left and it wouldn't work, but the broadband was still going (as I had just given my months notice). I'm not sure how long it stayed connected on an unconnect line for as I moved that day. I thought that maybe it would stop at midnight or something when the lines are refreshed so you may loose your free broadband tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

mr.noobie wrote:
    for lack of payment lol weird since the phone went off this morin and broadband is still on someone must know whats up?

set up skype or another voip service ;)

you can then phone eircom from that to complain about being cut-off :eek:

I think the reason the BB still works is when you are 'cut-off' is they don't stop the line, just your ability to make calls. it's like they have set up 100% call barring (emergency & 1901 numbers still work).

I assume you can still receive calls???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

mr.noobie wrote:

that happened to me before and the bb worked for a few days after as far as I remember.. then went dead :(
    And even when I got line back up, the bb took another week to come back on!!! stupid f*ckers in Eircom

Advertisement