Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the best fake tan????

• 24-11-2005 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hey everyone!!!

Im just wondering what kind of fake tan people think is the best!!... I have used loads of different types!!
    ... at the moment ive been using Top Image Tan and its really good... comes out really even and doesn't smell bad!!... I want to try something different but Id like some recomendations!!!!
    So... what tan do you use?... Is it tinted?.. Does it smell bad?... does it go streaky?... and is the colour of it nice when it develops?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

At the minute im using Fake Bake, colour is quite dark and not orangy at all.There is a rose smell off it too which makes a change!
    I also use St Tropez Mousse when im in a hurry as it dries in quickly and it dosent streak! Both quite expensive though!
    Good cheap ones are Loreal Sublieme Bronze and Ambre Solaire Spray - both around 11 euro i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am quite pale and use nivea sun spray. It gives me a natural looking tan and its not too explensive, about €12 a bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

The best fake tan is none at all. It all looks disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Binomate wrote:
    The best fake tan is none at all. It all looks disgusting.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Nothing a woman can wear, and I mean absolutely NOTHING, is as repulsive as fake tan. Absolutely minging, disgusting, however you want to put it. If you want to look like filth, get some fake tan. :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

Loreal Sublime Bronze is good as already said but there is a fairly strong whiff off it...takes bloody ages to dry aswell....looks good after all the hassle though.

I use Bronze Express..the one in the bottle, kind of watery..use a mitt to put it on, it's excellent. Show's up straight away and develops to a darker tan in bout 2 - 3 hours... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Piz Buin foam is good.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I just use the Boots soltan medium tan moose.. The self tan.. not instant... Works grand and not streaky looking.. I bought the No7 one once and it looked horrible.. way too orange looking and was very hard to apply...

Before fake tan:

01.jpg

After Fake Tan:

Orange%20Girl%20Full%20Body.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

Binomate wrote:
    Before fake tan:

01.jpg

After Fake Tan:

Orange%20Girl%20Full%20Body.jpg

binomate.. the girl in the 1st pic has tan on already!!!
    ...... Just because the mingers u score with can't apply it!!

binomate.. the girl in the 1st pic has tan on already!!!
    ...... Just because the mingers u score with can't apply it!!
    Since when do you need to score someone to observe how shit fake tan looks? I'd call that attacking the poster and not the post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Dont mean to be horrible but 9 outta 10 times this stuff looks really bad :o . My guess though would be less is more, if you are dead set on using it use it as sparingly as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

from a gentleman's point of view, ladies, the best fake tan is the stuff you leave at home. you're all perfectly gorgeous without having to slather yourselves in orange paint.

if god had intended you to look orange he might have fixed things so you were born in a foreign country.

ok... The question that was asked was "What is the best fake tan"
    .... not "What do you think of fake tan".... if i want an opinion on that i will ask....

ok... The question that was asked was "What is the best fake tan"
    .... not "What do you think of fake tan".... if i want an opinion on that i will ask....
    Yes, and the best is none at all.

none is none!!.... no fake tan is not a fake tan!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Well lads obviously there are girls who just slather the stuff on like theres no tomorrow and look riduclus! Not everygirl is like this though and actually has some cop on on how to apply and what looks good and whats too much!!!

Fake tan applied properly can look fantastic! Nothing worse than going out in a nice strappy top only to find you have horrible bumpy chicken like skin!! hehe! less is more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Binomate wrote:
    Agreed, fake tan is rotten.

"Ooh, but you can't tell, I apply it so well!"
    [1]. It's NOVEMBER.
    [2]. We can always tell.

tbh I'd say those women who go around CAKED in foundation probably think that nobody can tell either. :rolleyes:

Prays to God for this fake-tan fad to pass quickly.

Binomate wrote:

In fairness, just drop the issue. If someone's set on doing something beyond reason, I don't think you can convince them otherwise, just let them make an ass of themselves.

I'd say those women who go around CAKED in foundation probably think that nobody can tell either. :rolleyes:
    The worst thing about that is you can smell it's the most revolting smell in the world.

Yea Leanne.. Thats so true!
    .... imagine what the lads would be saying if we all went out with pastey white skin thats so white its almost blue!!

• Advertisement

Yea Leanne.. Thats so true!
    .... imagine what the lads would be saying if we all went out with pastey white skin thats so white its almost blue!!

Wasn't it Snow White who was the fairest in the land, and not Scummy Looking Orange? :v:

Wasn't it Snow White who was the fairest in the land, and not Scummy Looking Orange? :v:

The girls who look orange are the ones who can't apply tan... or are using the wrong type for their skin tones...
    .... this is why i am asking the question "What's the BEST type of fake tan"..... Please stop posting if you aren't answering my question!!

Blue is preferable to orange any day... unless you were to set it off with a green permed wig and dungarees.

Stop trying to cover up the ugly, it just makes things worse. :v:

We are telling you that the best way to look good when using fake tan is by not putting it on at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

That's hardly scummy looking orange? That's the kind of fake than that *Oul_Doll_Cork* is talk about Karl Hungus. I think!

........................With little or no Tan...................................................................... With a good fake tan...........................
    beforeafter4ql.jpg

Either IMO... however that girl is a model

Unless you're willing to lie about having just returned from Australia, then I think the whole BEING NOVEMBER thing is going to give you away, even if you do somehow make a convincing job of applying it.
    Ah if only women could see things through a mans eyes. :rolleyes:
    We're just trying to save you from yourselves.

Yea Binomate.... that model in the pic is wearing tan!!
    .... That is the type of tan exactly that i am talking about!... Not orange scummy looking stuff!
    .... I don't wear heavy make up.. ever!!... It's not like I don't know what looks pretty!!.... And im definatly not trying to cover up ugly!

And im definatly not trying to cover up ugly!
    We know, you are trying to apply it.

We're just trying to save you from yourselves.

Oooooh like we are all doomed if we don't have your approval! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Here honestly there's no problem with fake tan, as long as it's not really orange and obvious. just a subtle amount wouldn't turn me off. To be honest girls who put pride in their appearance are a plus :)

The girls who look orange are the ones who can't apply tan... or are using the wrong type for their skin tones...
    .... this is why i am asking the question "What's the BEST type of fake tan"..... Please stop posting if you aren't answering my question!!

I don't give a **** what kind of excuses you're making for yourself, or the masses of clowns that wear fake tan. I'll have you know that I have a sister who had herself a fake tan professionally done at a salon for her debs, and she still looked like she was rolling around in pig****.

So I don't care how many times you chant that little marketing slogan of yours (probably trying to convince yourself it looks good aswell) because the fact is it never looks good, and you're insulting both mine, and everyone else's intelligence if you say otherwise.

I don't give a **** what kind of excuses you're making for yourself, or the masses of clowns that wear fake tan. I'll have you know that I have a sister who had herself a fake tan professionally done at a salon for her debs, and she still looked like she was rolling around in pig****.

So I don't care how many times you chant that little marketing slogan of yours (probably trying to convince yourself it looks good aswell) because the fact is it never looks good, and you're insulting both mine, and everyone else's intelligence if you say otherwise.

Calm down.

Binomate wrote:
    We know, you want to apply it.

Yeaa exactly!!... So please stop going on about how discusting it is because to be honest... ye lads don't know anything about fake tan!!!!

hahaha.... oooooh someone's getting all hot and bothered!!! ... Im not making excuses... Im just asking opinions from people who wear fake tan!!!!.... obviously you don't but there isnt any point of trying to preach to me!!... Fine if you don't like fake tan.... but thats not the question that was originally asked!!...
    .... So don't bother posting if it's not an answer to my question!!!
    P.S.... Are you not supposed to me a moderator??... Aren't you guys supposed to be nice??... cursing and swearing... tutt... madness!

Oooooh like we are all doomed if we don't have your approval! :rolleyes:
    Indeed, doomed to look orange.
    ye lads don't know anything about fake tan!!!!
    Except that it looks comical.

• Advertisement

Yeaa exactly!!... So please stop going on about how discusting it is because to be honest... ye lads don't know anything about fake tan!!!!

:D:D:D

Oh jesus, I laughed! We've got a real smart one here, don't we. :rolleyes:

You do realise I was refering to ugly when I said 'it' in responce to you saying "I am not trying to hide ugly", don't you?

*Oul_Doll_Cork* << Fighting a loosing battle. ha.

Shrimp wrote:
    *Oul_Doll_Cork* << Fighting a loosing battle. ha.

True Shrimp!!..
    I am fighting a loosing battle!!!
    .... It wasn't supposed to be a battle!... I just wanted some opinions from people who know a bit about fake tan!!!.... I wasn't "Chanting my little marketing slogans"... As Karl says!!!!!....
    ... to be honest I don't know why people bother posting on threads that they don't have interest in!!!!....
    ... People should really get some lives for themselves!! Yawwnn!!

Binomate wrote:
    You do realise I was refering to ugly when I said 'it' in responce to you saying "I am not trying to hide ugly", don't you?

Oh yea... duhh!... No i didn't see that!!!... I was too busy being furious!!!!!!:mad:

• Advertisement

Oh yea... duhh!... No i didn't see that!!!... I was too busy being furious!!!!!!:mad:
    Don't be furious. We are only trying to help by presenting you with the truth.

ok, a few little things u need to know about boards.

As with most communities/groups of people, new people kinda have to prove themselves or something, they cant come in a throw their weight around etc.. not that u were, but u know!

Sometimes there's an initiation process (On boards it takes a goos while before you get recognised as a regular if you get me), in this case, you were shot down when you pretty much wanted to know the answer to a reasonable question. Anyway, the more rambunctious u are on boards the more you're going to be abuse, its kinda funny in a way. Don't get annoyed if people are harsh!

Then again some people on can be saps, but as i said, dont get annoyed by them.

You get me?

Binomate wrote:
    Don't be furious. We are only trying to help by presenting you with the truth.

Yea but as i said at the beginning.... I wasn't looking for an opinion on that!!!... I just wanted to know what people thought about different products etc!!!
    ... Then Karl going on as if I was killing feckin puppies or something!! Madness!

Try not to use so many (....)'s :)

Shrimp wrote:
    ok, a few little things u need to know about boards.

As with most communities/groups of people, new people kinda have to prove themselves or something, they cant come in a throw their weight around etc.. not that u were, but u know!

Sometimes there's an initiation process (On boards it takes a goos while before you get recognised as a regular if you get me), in this case, you were shot down when you pretty much wanted to know the answer to a reasonable question. Anyway, the more rambunctious u are on boards the more you're going to be abuse, its kinda funny in a way. Don't get annoyed if people are harsh!

Then again some people on can be saps, but as i said, dont get annoyed by them.

You get me?

Yea Thanks Shrimp!!....
    ... But i wasn't trying to join their little club or anything!!... Just wanted an opinion on something girly!!
    .... n no offense to Karl but I dont think a person who is into "Lord of The Rings" and "Rock/Metal" really knows much about fake tan!!!
    Thanks anyway Shrimp!!... I was just beginning to think that all people on boards were nasty oul feckers!!

Shrimp wrote:
    Try not to use so many (....)'s :)

.......... sorry............force.............of......habit

... Then Karl going on as if I was killing feckin puppies or something!! Madness!

Stop talking bull****.

.... n no offense to Karl but I dont think a person who is into "Lord of The Rings" and "Rock/Metal" really knows much about fake tan!!!

I have a sister, I know plenty thank you very much, and you can take my anecdote about her having a fake tan done professionally to note that I most certainly know a fake tan when I see one, reguardless of how well it's applied.

no offense to Karl but I don't think a person who is into "Lord of The Rings" and "Rock/Metal" really knows much about fake tan!!!

Vicious generalizing. Try not to do it. I'm pretty sure he's you don't need to be "into fake tan" in order to give your opinion. As for your thankfulness, em, you are welcome :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Fake Bake is really good. I use that all the time. It is very expensive but it is worth spending the money on a good one because it is a really natural colour brown, not orange or anything!

• Advertisement
Advertisement