Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the best fake tan????

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I have a sister, I know plenty thank you very much, and you can take my anecdote about her having a fake tan done professionally to note that I most certainly know a fake tan when I see one, reguardless of how well it's applied.

I think *Oul_Doll_Cork* probably knows a bit more about fake tan! Just becuase you have a sister doesn't mean anything!She is a girl!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

lisamon wrote:
    Fake Bake

Fake Cake tbh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

The thread is not about whether fake tan is nice or not - it's about which brand of it is best. People who take threads off-topic like this will receive bans from now on.

-simu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

i think if applied properly it looks fantastic on most ladies, but you should go for the all over sprays that are done at a clinic, they last a few weeks and they let you choose the shade, my ex had it done and looked natural. also, the money you pay for the do it yourself jobbies isnt much different to what you pay at the walk in centres. Generally the top ups are discounted too. So..
    if you get it done, send me the fotos and ill give you my honest opinion! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I use Boots Soltan mousse , Piz Buin mousse, or Lancome Flash Bronzer mousse. I've listed them in order of darkness. I have red hair and very pale skin though (although no one knows that as I wear it all the time and have done for about 3 or 4 years!), so they might be quite different on you.
    If it's a special occasion or if you've some money burning a hole in your pocket, nothing beats a SUN FX spray tan. You get it done in a salon. Ask the girl to do it how you want it (light, dark etc). It's much more expensive than the bottles but it's great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I've used fake tan twice, the first time I did it myself (the clear developing kind) and the 2nd time I had a sprayFX. Each time they came off on my clothing. I'm generally ok with being my usual slightly blue colour but I am getting married next year and want a slight tan that does not get all over my dress, or my underwear which will probably cost more than my dress. Yet I seem to have magic tan rejecting skin.:(

Anyone else ever experience this and find a solution? I have pink toned skin btw. I think one of the main problems with most fake tan users is that a lot of fake tan is for people with yellow toned skin and in Ireland most people are pink-toned. Hence the orange look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Hey im the same a pythia-blonde hair and very pale skin-dont tan naturally(bummer!). I have tried every brand on the market as i model a lot and so dont have to pay for it-hehehe!
    The best cheap one and is absolutely foolproof is soltan boots light mousse.It will never go on streaky and comes out a nice golden glow.Its the only one i can use on my legs-all the other brands come out streaky on legs.I have tried every other brand(piz buin and ambre solair etc)they all come out orangey and not nice at all but i do have celtic pale skin.

The two best expensive ones then are st.tropez and lancome flash bronzer but once again i would say that these both come out quite streaky on legs(i dont know why?) so i only use them on my top half.

Overall though you cannot beat a sun fx tan-if your in Dublin the salon blow does a great one for quite cheap and their opened sunday to!I dont care what those blokes said before if you are wearing a sun fx spray tan absolutely no one will know you have fake tan on-it comes out great on legs too.
    Best fake tan tip though really is too wear latex gloves when applying and if you do get a streak then the ONLY thing that'l remove it is miltol-the baby bottle disenfectant-insiders trick!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

Fake Bake but it is expensive try Rimmel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

iguana wrote:
    I've used fake tan twice, the first time I did it myself (the clear developing kind) and the 2nd time I had a sprayFX. Each time they came off on my clothing. I'm generally ok with being my usual slightly blue colour but I am getting married next year and want a slight tan that does not get all over my dress, or my underwear which will probably cost more than my dress. Yet I seem to have magic tan rejecting skin.:(

Anyone else ever experience this and find a solution? I have pink toned skin btw. I think one of the main problems with most fake tan users is that a lot of fake tan is for people with yellow toned skin and in Ireland most people are pink-toned. Hence the orange look.

Do you mean they came off on your clothing after you just applied it? I find it better if you stand around naked for a while untill it has dried in! I know this isn't ideal in the cold weather but it is well worth it as you get a more even tan! You should do your tan in the evening and leave it on overnight while you are in bed! Also, if you wear a satin or silk pyjama's turned inside out with the slippery side on your skin then it is less likely to rub off... Keep yourself well wrapped up because the heat develops the tan quicker!... Wash it all off in the shower the next morning and it should be ok! Ive never had tan come off on my clothes after showering it off!
    To be honest if you know what your doing you are nearly better off to do your own tan! I know of a lot of people who got their tans done in a salon and it didn't turn out great!! If you are going to get it done in a salon you should go to a place that you have heard people say was good!!
    Maybe if you practice applying some different products you might find one that suits you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

avoid loreal sublime bronze it goes on gorgus but comes off in patches which looks awful i had to scrub my skin to get rid of the rest the last time

lancome is the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i rarely wear fake tan, but my friends do, i forget the name of the tan she uses, but its really easy to use, its a mousse, i hate the rimmel sunshimmer, find it really hard to apply.
    when i find out the name of the tan, ill post..think its revlon

yea my debs tan was a disaster (the first time), the second time i got my friend to do it, came out lovely, not too dark, cos im quite pale..she used the tan that i cant remember the name of :mad: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Do you mean they came off on your clothing after you just applied it?

No I literally mean that every day the tan lasted it came off on my clothes. I guess I'm alone in this.:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

iguana wrote:
    No I literally mean that every day the tan lasted it came off on my clothes. I guess I'm alone in this.:confused::confused::confused:

hmm... yea thats really strange alright! Its never happened to me anyway:confused: The tan should actually dye your skin so once you shower anything that would come off on your clothes is gone!! hmmm, yea thats a strange one, what kind of tan was it I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Lentheric "Easy Bronze" comes in a yellow bottle - only 10 euro from Roches Stores. For a really natural tan slather on a god layer of it and next day top up with another layer. Looks great and doesn't smell too bad.

To stop fake tan smelling use lots of shower gel and then use a very strong smelling body lotion and then some body spray on top. Plus your usual deouderant and perfume. Works a treat!

Advertisement