Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Final Cut Express

• 24-11-2005 4:22pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently ordered this off the net, and Im really excited about using it!

Im just wondering, what format video does it use? I know iMovie uses .dv and Final Cut Pro uses .mov
    Anyone know what FCE uses? I have about 15 hours of .dv clips on my external hardrive. I wanna know if I'll be able to use them!
    Thanks
    D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

If that's not the standard the software uses, I'm sure it'll be able to convert them.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

dory wrote:
    I recently ordered this off the net, and Im really excited about using it!

Im just wondering, what format video does it use? I know iMovie uses .dv and Final Cut Pro uses .mov
    Anyone know what FCE uses? I have about 15 hours of .dv clips on my external hardrive. I wanna know if I'll be able to use them!
    Thanks
    D

FCP express is similiar to FCP and uses a quicktime engine, it is fully comptable with .dv

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'm finding FCE fairly hard to use.
    I can't capture video from my camcorder. It keeps saying:
    Capture encountered a problem reading the data on your source tape. This could be due to a problem with the tape. Capture has been aborted and your clip has been saved.
    I already imported this on iMovie so it can't be the tape.
    I'm going to just import that file now (but it says 4 clips were lost in the transition)

Anyone know what the problem might be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It sounds like a Time code Jump, you should be able to set it to keep recording over Time code jumps. It'll create new clips after each jump. At least that's how it works on Avid. You can do it manually if you want. Does it stop after a set amount of time each time it fails? It might be something else.

John

Advertisement